cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my account

BugsLady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello:

Could you please tell me how to cancel my account.  I read that I just have to remove my credit card number.  But it says I still owe $5.  Not sure what to do.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Maximize your dollar! Good suggestion, that will also give you time to shop around for a new provider and your PM will be in good standing if you want to keep your phone number

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Or also if you signed up before late January of this year then log in to your rewards and see what might get paid and decide if that covers your plan instead of adding $5. At minimum you already have $10 balance. But if you have $5 to go at that minimum then maybe you have $5 in rewards. Or $2. Then add $3. That way you use up the balance that's already there. Then stop paying after that. That way you're not abandoning the balance you have.

Or if you have a higher plan then change down to the $15 plan and use up your balance with that.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BugsLady   Porting out your number will automatically close your account, although you will need to have an active account in order to transfer your number out to another carrier, otherwise remove any payment card as suggested and the account will close after 90 days of non payment.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Removing the credit card also turns off autopay. You're done. It will fail to renew and suspend and then 3 months later it will fully deactivate. Be aware that there are no pro-rated refunds here. I might suggest you pay the $5 and use up the value you have for another month.

Need Help? Let's chat.