cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel account

clbourque25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to end and cancel my account immediately, including removing the auto-payment on my VISA card. I switched to Koodo and can't access my account or reach you guys.

Thanks. 

-

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

13 REPLIES 13

@clbourque25 

As stated use the IMEI to port your number to koodo. If you dont know the 4 digit account pin # via 611 you can always play it safe after porting out by putting your autopay card on hold overnight from midnight eastern to noon eastern on your renewal date to absolutely ensure no payment is charged to your card.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@clbourque25 

Fortunately, the account is already closed if porting has begun and you need not worry.

UNLESS...  if your Public Mobile renewal was set to occur within a day or so of the date you ported out, there's a small chance the renewal may charge to your payment card.

Keep an eye on the payment card transactions and contact the Customer Support

Agents should that occur - they'll reverse it for you.

Sorry to see you go!!!

@hairbag1 

Are you counting down to the kitchen sink that'll soon be dumped into the OP's lap?

For free of charge of course 🙂

The Laundry List in...3...2...1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@clbourque25 

because when you port out your PM is will immediately close your account..

if you fail porting you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.....

@clbourque25   For your Account number, try to search for your email.  PM might have sent you an welcome email in the beginning and that would have the account  number in the email.  

If you found the account number, then you can go back to Koodo and request porting with the account number

@clbourque25 wrote:

I cannot port since I don't remember my account number. Anyways, please cancel my account and remove my credit card auto-bill.

@clbourque25 

Contact CS to gain access to your account:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"
or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.
After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Then you can restart the porting process. And remove your cc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@clbourque25 : But goofy things happen around here on the odd occasion. Keep an eye out for when your next renewal was going to be and see that no charge happens. As it is with ANY business that you've given payment information to, if you're going to leave, remove the payment information.

Edit: oops, I see there was an update.  @clbourque25 : You can also use the IMEI of the device. If you have the original welcome email from here from when you activated then the account # is embedded in the To:.

@clbourque25 wrote:

I cannot port since I don't remember my account number. Anyways, please cancel my account and remove my credit card auto-bill.

@clbourque25   don't give up.. you can still port and keep your phone number.  Just get the My Account access back and then get the account number there

just open a ticket with PM.   click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Forgot log in information
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

clbourque25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@clbourque25 wrote:

I want to end and cancel my account immediately, including removing the auto-payment on my VISA card. I switched to Koodo and can't access my account or reach you guys.

Thanks. 

-XXXXX XXXXXX

If you were successful in porting away from PM...your account is now closed down. Nothing more to do now.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@clbourque25 wrote:

Thanks. 

@clbourque25 

If you have ported out your number, then the account is already closed. That's why you can't access it anymore.

If your cc is still there, keep an eye on your cc statements for a little while. If any unbecoming charges appear, contact PM to have them reversed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@clbourque25   if you ported your number to Koodo, your account will be automatically closed upon successful porting.  You won't be able to access it anymore then.

Need Help? Let's chat.