cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada/USA subscription not working in the USA

danthefan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried several time on different days and can't seem to get any help.  I can't seem to get a service ticket issued because it just shows an error. I've tried everything I know and still no service.

When I try to call and the phone just hangs up before it even dials.

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Does data and text work? If it's just phone calls, you might not have a VoLTE whitelisted device.

If nothing works, they setting your Preferred Network to 4G/LTE vs 5G, as AT&T 5G does not work. Also ensure data roaming is on. Both these settings are on your phone itself.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @danthefan 

See this link below. Another members asked the same question. I added links to help guide you through things if you need them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-on-Not-Working/td-p/110920...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@danthefan  This link will work to submit ticket 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@danthefan 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.