cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US subscription

JohnnyRocket
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Canada-US subscription. It did not come with instructions. What do I do to get coverage by US carriers when I cross the US border?

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyRocket 

the others have discussed talk and data but for texting, it should just work without changing anything. Make sure roaming data is turned on for data while in US.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyRocket  Ensure data roaming is on in phone settings . And set phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T mobile or AT&T . If still voice not working try phone set to 2G and connect to T mobile only 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnnyRocket 

when you are in US, make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile and AT&T network. If it does not connect automatically, then change the Network connection to manual and select try  T-Mobile and AT&T manually. 

For data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone.  Change network mode to 4G/LTE  (do not use 5G)

If your roaming purchase includes voice, enable VoLTE on your device and you might be able to use VoLTE for voice.  But if not, your phone should change to 2G network on T-Mobile ONLY and test voice calls 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JohnnyRocket 

all you need to do is make sure mobile data roaming is turned on

try to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T, if it doe not automatically connect, try manually

test voice.  Most the time VoLTE would work, but if not, use T-Mobile and change network to 2G

Need Help? Let's chat.