cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US plan

Prairieboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do I have to purchase a roaming add on while in the US if I have a Canada US plan?

18 REPLIES 18

@Prairieboy  Sweet we happy to 👂 it 🙂

hi @Prairieboy 

glad it is sorted 

Prairieboy

Thanks for the link. I got a credit

@Chalupa_Batman I used to get that on my Telus Can/US plan as well. And my work phone with Rogers sends a text saying Roam Like Home is enabled, but we have US roaming built into that plan as well. I wonder if it's not possible to customize those texts? In any case, I agree it's misleading. This is a cut and dry case that would warrant a refund without question though.

That sir is a serious flaw in the system and needs to be reported. It can't be a text that everyone get's regardless because that causes more problems like the case in point. It's a misleading and incorrect text as proven here which caused the customer to needlessly purchase an addon they did not need nor required. Now forcing them to waste time making the purchase, then wasting time coming here asking for help, which in turn waste more time contacting a CS Agent for assistance wasting more time waiting for a response. Then the customer doesn't get their money back they get a credit. That is called a scam!! It's completely asinine!! 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

That text message is a default message that everyone gets regardless of what plan you're on. Just ignore it in future. I'm surprised the system didn't block you from buying the add-on though. Definitely contact @CS_Agent to request a refund. 

I say very good. This really is a technical error on their part. They need to accept responsibility for their system errors. Please let us know if they refund you or not. They MAY just put the credit on your account instead of a refund and the credit will just come off your next bill.

hi @Prairieboy you got the Canada-US plan? Big chance. They will usually put the find back in the account as Available fund and it will be used for renewal later. Better do it that way than an actual refund as refund will take as many as 2 weeks 

Prairieboy

Thanks for that! Have requested a refund or credit, what are my chances?

hi @Prairieboy the text will come for all customers, even you have the Canada-US plan.

To ask for refund since you don't need, please submit ticket

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I agree fully. It was an error on their part. Please contact CS Agents via this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Prairieboy 

I am sorry to hear that, you can try to reach out to support to see if they can do anything for you. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

They really should make it so it’s not possible to purchase US roaming add-ons if on a Canada-US plan

@Prairieboy  Please submit ticket with support and see if they can reverse that add on for you 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

Prairieboy

Yes, I did get a text to buy the add-on and I did; they should give me a refund

Prairieboy

Thanks but too late; I already bought the add-on; I'm finding Public Mobile not very intuitive

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Prairieboy  You do t the CAN /US plans includes roaming , you just need to make sure you have data roaming turned on in your phone settings . And make sure your connected to T-Mobile or AT&T when in the U.S. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Prairieboy 

You do not need to purchase a roaming add-on if you are on a Canada-US plan. If you are in the states and don’t have service go to your cellular settings, network selection, turn off automatic and manually connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T and then reboot your device. More success has been had with T-Mobile but try them both. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Prairieboy 

You don't have to. Why? Did you get a text saying so while you're in the US? If so, try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, go into network settings and pick Tmobile and reboot. Should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.