cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US plan usage problem, only texting will work

Winger1919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. We set our daughter up with canada US 5g plan yesterday, e-sim ,,, but now she crossed border from windsor, Ontario to Detroit Michigan, and had no ability for data, can't send or receive pics and is frustrated with the change from fido to public mobile, after less than one day,  what are the steps needed for service to continue once cross border?

7 REPLIES 7

Mark42

Did she make sure that she had turned on "data roaming" as well as making sure "voice & data" are not set to 3g??

Winger1919

Thank you,  I will forward her this information, and once in wifi, she can try to figure this out,  sends simple enough.   Thanks again. 

How to change Network Operators on iPhone

Press Settings

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709411300828.png

Press Network Selection

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709411300826.png

Press the indicator next to Automatic and turn it off.

Chalupa_Batman_2-1709411300761.png

Then pick T-Mobile for US usage.

Chalupa_Batman_3-1709411300827.png

Then swipe up and close. It’s best to reboot if possible.

You should be good to go.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Winger1919

Hi, she has an iPhone 14, she said she cannot even see how to adjust roaming any more,  like settings area looks different on her phone, which I find hard to believe, but we can only text now,  until she gets to a destination to communicate via wifi, any help is very much appreciated.  Thank you

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Winger1919 

Does she have an iPhone or Android? I can share with you how to make the proper adjustments. You can just forward her this link.

Winger1919

Thank you,  I will for and paste what you said into a text,  and see if she can figure this out, too have a better experience

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Winger1919 make sure to try both T-Mobile and AT&T and stick with the one works better

and don't use 5G, stay with 4G LTE

make sure roaming data is enabled on the phone

Need Help? Let's chat.