cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US Plan doesn't cover calling US from Canada?

ArsalanSiddiqui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agent just told me that in the $34, 50GB Canada USA plan, I cannot call a US number from Canada. I will have to buy an addon package, is this true? If it is then isn't it false advertising?

12 REPLIES 12

Hey @ArsalanSiddiqui @Garyvasc 

As I've already mentioned, I had this plan. I have made several calls to the US while here in Canada with no problems. It's part of the package. No extra fees. You pay for the service in advance. 30 days or 90 days depending on which you choose. Because it's prepaid, there are no surprises. It's all one package. Use it and abuse it is my saying!!! 

ArsalanSiddiqui

Hey guys, the agent is wrong, she told me that the call to US from Canada will not connect as its not covered in the Canada-USA plan. I tested this out and called many hotels in US (their local numbers) and I am happy to report that she was wrong and the calls do connect.

Also, please correct me if I am wrong, since this is a prepaid service (you pay first and use later), if something is working, its inherently included in your plan and will not be charged. Which means all calling to Canada and USA is included in the plan, doesn't matter if you are in Canada or USA.

Garyvasc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sorry guys I am confused ,please if some one make it clear how this plan works would be nice.

Thanks

HI @DDM69 

my yes atove could be confusing

with Canada-US plan, you can call US from Canada and call Canada from US

but other than that, if people needs to call other countries, they need the correct LD addon.

I have that plan, and I just called a random hotel in Kearny Nebraska (thought I would try it) and chatted just fine.

@ArsalanSiddiqui wrote:

How do we verify this now if official channel is compromised? Can anyone try asking to a different agent?

How about this. I can 100% confirm that I recently had that plan. I was able to call down to the US and make reservations at a hotel. I was also able to call several restaurants to make reservations as well. All while here in Canada. I thought it was a great plan. However, I didn't need two of them so I lowered my plan. 

@ArsalanSiddiqui wrote:

How do we verify this now if official channel is compromised? Can anyone try asking to a different agent?

There's no need to ask a different CSA.  The customer support agent simply made a mistake.   You've already been given the correct answer that calls to Canadian and American phone numbers are both included while you're using your service in either country.

@ArsalanSiddiqui wrote:

This is what I got from the agent:

The Canada-US rate plans are made to allow the use of services in roaming, in the US. So, if you are in the US, you can call other US numbers and from the US to Canada.

The long-distance calls from Canada to the US are not included in the rate plan. I am sorry for this!

This agent is completely incorrect and sadly giving you misinformation. The Canada/US plan is exactly what it is. You can make calls anywhere in Canada and the US. You can make calls from Canada to the US and back and forth. That is what the plan is. 

ArsalanSiddiqui

This is what I got from the agent:

The Canada-US rate plans are made to allow the use of services in roaming, in the US. So, if you are in the US, you can call other US numbers and from the US to Canada.

The long-distance calls from Canada to the US are not included in the rate plan. I am sorry for this!

Need Help? Let's chat.