cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada -US 5G 40 gig Data Plan

brianc5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am new to PM and just signed up for the Canada-US 5g 40 gig data plan. We will be travelling to the US next week and was wondering if I have to be aware or do anything other than make sure data roaming is turned on.

I appreciate any support from members who have used PM 5G in the US

Thank You

9 REPLIES 9

You're seeing the volte toggle? Could you go into settings, about phone, status information, sim card status and look for mention of IMS and if it says registered.

brianc5

There is very good ATT coverage in St Louis so I will play with settings to see if I can get ATT working and will provide an update here.

brianc5

Samsung S20 5 G model has Volte turned on. 

brianc5

Thank You for your support.

iphone or Android? Some phones might show something about volte but it's not actually enabled. There are some things to do to verify.

brianc5

Thank You for your reply. Volte for my eSIM is turned on and I have the network set for autoconnect, and we are travelling to St Louis Mo so hopefully all works well. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

AT&T is one of those things to test. For over a year they have not worked at all for us. But recently we read of someone apparently at least connecting to AT&T but they were wanting to talk and maybe they weren't enabled for volte yet and so it wasn't working.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@brianc5 

Welcome to Public mobile

Just enable roaming and you should be fine.

If issues, manually select T mobile.  AT&T is another US roaming partner, but not reliable in many areas. 

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Has your phone been enabled for volte here yet? If so then you should have no trouble. If not then your phone needs to be able to switch down to 2G GSM either automatically or manually to be able to talk.
If you want to help us learn some things then when you're there let us know and we can suggest some tests. Particularly if you're in Alaska.

Need Help? Let's chat.