cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you remain active on pm community

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Can you stay active on pm community , with out an account ?

18 REPLIES 18

Yeah ! that makes sense especially for billing purposes , although judging from most people posts they aren’t aware of the community side of things  until they take  the leap and join and have some sort of issue 

@Handy1 

Community is not just for customers to ask questions , but also for  potential customers to ask question before they activate, before they have an account with PM.  So, it is natural not to have any link with My Account.  

Also, people who have left can also use the Community account to ask question after they left.  As we see they might still have billing issue (ported out but PM still charged them) or they might have questions and they would like to come back. 

@HALIMACS @Perhaps they need the funds LOL . yea I don’t know I just sorta assumed you would need an account to be part of the community just seems like  the natural normal way . But as I just learned that’s not so 

@Handy1 wrote:

Like right now funny enough I have option to except my own response as a solution , but I’m the one who asked the questions seems like that shouldn’t be or that this is my first ( big idea ) that I should post  should be addressed 

There are many, @Handy1 , who have stumbled across this and game the system.

Is it doable, sure it is.

Is it easy, sure it is.

It it within the terms of service here ... well, that's debatable, and really depends on whether each community user is really their own individual with their own thoughts/ideas being put forth.  I am of the view that if a family group participates within the community, and other family members 'bravo' their posts, that totally fine, so long as the weight of their bravo's are not overly weighted towards each other.   Saying that, there are users around here who game the system with each other - and that's not viewed as suspicious, so there's really little difference and it does become a 'popularity' contest of sorts to some.

Is it advisable, well.... ask yourself if cheating the system is something we all want others to do around here.   If doing so is worth the massive community reward (sarcasm??) of $15 per 30 days one might achieve, then perhaps they need the funds.

@Handy1 wrote:

Like right now funny enough I have option to except my own response as a solution , but I’m the one who asked the questions seems like that shouldn’t be or that this is my first ( big idea ) that I should post  should be addressed 

Please don't accept your own post as the solution.  As for self-given bravos, several members have been warned and/or banned for these types of activitities in the past.

You’re blowing my mind here , I never even thought or considered such a situation I’m kinda floored right now . So what’s stopping people from creating accounts and giving themselves bravos and solutions accepted … seems like there some flaws in the rewards that way 

You set your community account email address to the account email address that you want to direct the reward to. It's harder to set the email address of the account. You're in control of the community email address.

Some people manage a collection of accounts like with a family and so they could direct their efforts to each account throughout the year.

@dust2dust @So I know one other person on pm , and if I happen to earn $5 bucks thru community help . I can attach my email to their account if I wanted to for bill day and then switch it back to my actual account , and that’s fair game . Not sure I’d want to give the credit away with the time I’ve spend here the last week n half . But it’s still n option 

@Pawprints1986- I thought of saying something similar but thought well maybe someone just really likes to help people and isn't concerned about a monetary reward. Or does this just for something to do.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm kind of confused, unless it's someone maybe new and looking into becoming a customer, what would be the drive to stay active in the community if you switched to bell (just as a random example)? If you make friends you'd be able to exchange emails or whatnot. I'm failing to see the point lol

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Well...there's kind of a link. You can also turn the question around and ask can you have an account without a community account. Yes. You can have as many accounts as you like. You can have as many community accounts as you like. You can match the email address of each community account to the email address of each account if you wish to earn community rewards/points and direct those earnings to that account.

The better trick is to have one community account and change its email address to the email address of an account each time you want to direct any rewards/points to a particular account. No need for multiple community accounts unless you want to spread the amount of work around each month by working each community account towards each account. But that effort would likely mean a lower reward/point for each account rather than maximizing the reward/point for one account. Or else you'd be spending a crap load of time in each community account each month to maximise the rewards/points for each account.

@softech @I’m learning everyday here thank you for that clarification 

Community and My Account are two separate systems , no link at all

Interesting ok , makes sence now from some posts I’ve seen thank you  @softech @and @dust2dust 

There is never a requirement that you have to have a PM account before you open a Community account

@dust2dust @And for as long as you like ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.