cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use data

almira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I have a problem with using data. When I turn on the Cellular, I could not access to the data 

13 REPLIES 13

@almira wrote:

Thank you, but it's still not working

Did you call 611 to check your data balance, to confirm it is matching what you see in My Account?

Also, are you able to try your sim card into another compatible phone to see if data works then?

Sometimes just moving the sim card into another phone, then back to your own phone can reset things in the backend on accounts.

When you insert your sim back into your phone, any different?

What do you have selected in the mobile connections in your device settings?

Screenshot_20211017-181744_Settings.jpgesjliv_0-1622501638903.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@almira    Sorry to hear that.  If you've tried resetting the network as well and still not able to use your data and have confirmed that you have available data, then your other option is to submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket, then send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

almira

Thank you, but it's still not working

@almira 

turn off device take out SIM card and if you have other device to tried SIM card it's will works.

for your device tried this 

• How to > Reset Network Settings
  • airplane mode on/off
  • go to Settings-> Cellular-> then tap the switch to enable Cellular Data.
  • Update iOS > Go to Settings > General > Software Update..and rebooting device.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@almira wrote:

I'm using iphone 13. I checked data usage, it still has 1GB cuz I'm not able to use the data for this month, so it's still full 

If you updated your iPhone 13 recently, restart your iPhone 13 or toggle the airplane mode on/off may help.  Good luck.

Edit:  To be sure about the amount data left, login to your account and check on the data left on the first page after login.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@almira   First try rebooting your phone or even removing the SIM for a couple of minutes and reinserting and rebooting.

almira

I'm using iphone 13. I checked data usage, it still has 1GB cuz I'm not able to use the data for this month, so it's still full 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@almira    Have you checked you account to confirm that you have data left for this cycle? 

If you don't have any left, then you can purchase add-on data at $15/1GB (kinda steep) but doesn't expire until it's depleted completely, so great to have as back up data for the times you run out on your regular cycle before it renews.  Or you could consider upgrading plans if you're regularly using up available data before renewal.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@almira 

Was your cellular/mobile data work before?

Which phone are you using with PM service?

1.  Check the APN settings on your phone.  Correct APN settings if wrong.

2.  If You have an LG phone you may need to reset the network setting on your LG phone before your mobile data working again even if the APN setting is correct.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@almira hi are your other services working do you have any data left this cycle? check in your self serve to confirm 

almira

Yes. I'd been able to use the data before. I also checked APN and everything seems like ok. I don't know why it is not working. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@almira 

what the brand and model of your device.

and check in your account has any data left or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out data usage.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@almira   Have you been able to use data before and have the correct APN settings? 

First log into your self serve account after clearing cache/cookies and using incognito mode and check that you have data available to use first.

Here's couple of links to check your APN settings if needed: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

Need Help? Let's chat.