cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send email to text

Juku1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I can no longer send email to text via phone#@msg.tellus.com or phone@mms.mb.telus.com. Whatever I sent (from my computer), my iphone did not receive it. It has always received it before.

Any idea? 

Thank you,

JA

24 REPLIES 24

HI @vbelina 

this is an old features and will probably go away.  Rogers already retired the email to text last year.  It is a matter of time Telus to cut that 

vbelina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello... the one I am using is @Msg.telus.com ... the other two, are not working... it looks, my email-to-text functionality was BLOCKED by Telus... and there is no one from there to tell me why... this makes me think... 😞

vbelina

Thanks Oracle...
- will try with the other TWO for SMS... and report later how it worked out...

@vbelina 

try all these domains, start with the SMS's.  if you try MMS, make sure mobile data is turned on

------------
SMS Domain:
  @msg.telusmobility.com
@msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

MMS Domain:
@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com

vbelina

Hi... same here... for the last few weeks my phone@msg.telus.com is receiving email-to-text DELAYED by TELUS servers by a couple of days... "Gmail will try for 46 more hours... mobilEpUb.1964"... DELIVERY INCOMPLETE... 

The response from the remote server was... "421 4.2.0 mMB1riz8VxF2SmMB1reqm1 mail accepted for delivery AUP#BL" ... This is happening for the last few weeks now... only the TELUS IT could fix this, but... are they ever read these cries for help ? ... so what's the solution, getting ready to migrate? 

Juku1

I sent between 20 to 30 test messages.

@Juku1 wrote:

The usage showed me 3 incoming SMS messages (2 from 999-9999 yesterday and 1 from 2200 today which is the test message I sent some time today and just received)

@Juku1  how many you tried email to text today? you found any of those there you in the log?

I tested using  @msg.telus.com  and it shows and entry from 1 (999) 999-9999  .  Not sure if other MMS domain will have the same from phone number

Juku1

The usage showed me 3 incoming SMS messages (2 from 999-9999 yesterday and 1 from 2200 today which is the test message I sent some time today and just received)

@Juku1 wrote:

I clicked on the link then and it opened a blank page but the page is still spinning now. Not sure what's the problem is.

@Juku1 that is the link to Usage history

you can first Login  My Account, then click Usage history from the link on the overview page (or then use this link 

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details  ) 

Once you are there, see if you see any entry like this

Incoming SMS            1 Message                     1 (999) 999-9999

Juku1

I did not have cell data on then but I just tried it now with data on. No difference.

MMS was on. I just turned it off now then tried again, same problem.

Juku1

I clicked on the link then and it opened a blank page but the page is still spinning now. Not sure what's the problem is.

Subject line makes it an MMS. Did you turn on cell data? Or is your phone set to automatically receive MMS?

@Juku1  i see +19999999999 with the text email to sms I got . that's the FROM phone number of that text

@Juku1 

go to My Account, usage history ( https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details  ) and see if you see any entry like this

Incoming SMS            1 Message                     1 (999) 999-9999

Juku1

Thanks but not possible because yesterday I did receive (albeit only) two texts from my email, at 30 minutes apart even though I sent them one after another. 

BTW, where do you see 19999999999? On the two texts I received yesterday, they showed the email where I'm sending it from, followed by the subject line and then the body text.

Juku1

Wish I can say the same. It's driving me nut.

I have no problem with getting sms from any other source. The problem seemed to start yesterday when I only received two texts from my email, at 30 minutes apart even though I sent them one after another. Now I don't receive any.

@Juku1 

i tested it again with @msg.telus.com and  it works

are you receiving other sms without problem?

honest , i doubt this email to text is a feature not really supported by PM, so not sure if open ticket with support with help

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you possibly blocked +19999999999.

Juku1

Thanks.

I didn't have iMessage on. Rebooted my phone but no luck. 

Juku1

Thanks, but it didn't work.

Juku1

Thanks, but no luck.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Juku1 

try all these:

MMS Domain:
@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com

SMS Domain:
 @msg.telusmobility.com
@msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Juku1  .maybe try rebooting your phone or reset network settings and see if that helps 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So the issue may be you have iMessage only as an option. I just tried it from my email to text and it worked just fine. Check your settings and see how you have messages set up. You may need to reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.