cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't resume activation

Helpmepleas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received my sim card after 10 days. I've been trying to activate it and instead I'm being kicked out of my account everytime I'm trying to proceed making me unable to proceed. Can't contact support since it does the exact same thing, can't call 611 since no SIM card is activated. And that cycle never ends. Would really need some help

7 REPLIES 7

@Helpmepleas 

No it doesn’t matter, you can activate the SIM on the app first if you are picking a new number without the SIM in your phone.

If you are porting your old number over to PM, leave the old SIM in the phone and reply to the text from your old carrier with YES.

Helpmepleas

Does tge app need to be installed on the device containing the SIM card?

@Helpmepleas 

What is the make and model of your phone?

You either have an older phone or you didn’t update the iOS/OS on the phone.

Another option is to have a friend or family with a newer phone download the PM app and activate the SIM for you. Once activated, have them delete the app and now you can manage your account online on your computer.

If your phone thinks it's in a different region then you could get a friend to install the app and finish the sign up and then they can remove the app. You don't need to put your sim into that phone.

Helpmepleas

I couldn't dowload the app, so it was done on the website. Give me a moment please.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Helpmepleas   Are you using the Public Mobile app?  It's a requirement for activation.  If that's what you are using then contact customer service by private message here and monitor your community private message inbox for a reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you doing this part now in the app (in case you started out on the web page)?

Need Help? Let's chat.