cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't redial busy line

melly09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

New to Public Moblie here. I have kind of a weird question. 

I love to play radio contests. Particularly the ones where you call in. The way these contests work is that you call in and if you hear a busy tone, you need to hang up right away and call back immediately. You keep doing this until you either get through and end up actually dialing or someone else gets selected as a winner.

The issue I'm having with public mobile is that when I try playing these call in contests, after the third or fourth call, it stops me from calling the number again. Without it fully dialing, it immediately does the busy tone and won't let me call again.

I used to be with Freedom mobile and I never had this issue. It would let me call and hang up quickly if the line was busy and then I'd be able to redial immediately with no issue, multiple times, over and over again.

I know this probably sounds like a silly issue, but I really enjoy playing these types of contests and have been quite successful in the past. I've won multiple contests in this nature.

This is the only issue I've had with the service. Otherwise, it has been really great.

So is this normal? Is there any way I can change/fix it so I can call, hang up quickly if it is busy, and then redial immediately with no issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Great question!! @melly09 i used to be able to do this about a year ago and it stopped. I thought it was just my phone so I didn't do anything about it.

Mine used to automatically dail without me having to hang up. It hasn't done that in awhile. 

Luckily,  despite this, I did call one of those shows last week and wow a 25$ McDonald's gift card 😁

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@melly09 

I'm not sure why that is happening...but...maybe you could share some helpful tips / suggestions on how to win at these dial-in games. Just keep re-dialing or is there some strategy you could share with us ?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@melly09  Start with maybe just rebooting the phone or reset network settings see if that helps . Also can you test the SIM card in another phone to test .if it’s physical SIM card  of course and not eSIM 

Need Help? Let's chat.