cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts

Disha1011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had public mobile and the same device for years with no issues. Suddenly can't receive texts (can still make calls and send texts). Have tried restarting phone, airplane mode on/off, manually selecting operator. Please advise... Thanks. 

14 REPLIES 14

BrentKilboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Fyi support was not able to resolve it for me. But when I got home I did the sim swap thing to my wife's phone and back and that worked.

BrentKilboy

For years ya. No changes recently. I submitted a ticket. Looks like they'll have to do that solution option 2 for me. Data works fine also.

@BrentKilboy   Just to clarify that you've been PM awhile and it's not a new activation/porting?  As incoming calls can be the last part of porting process to complete.

@BrentKilboy    Sorry that didn't work but you would now need to submit a ticket to customer support and have them take a look at your account.  Here's couple of links but try the chatbot first and private messaging CS_Agent if unable to submit a ticket.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BrentKilboy

No luck after trying that. I can't receive calls either. I can do outgoing calls and texts fine, but can't receive incoming calls or texts.

@BrentKilboy   You can try switching your network settings to 3G/WCDMA temporarily.   Or just power off, remove the SIM and after couple of minutes reinsert and reboot your phone while you wait for a response from CSA's.

Edit:   BTW, thanks for letting us know your location, so it's not just a BC issue.

@Disha1011   There are quite a few posts with this issue over the last couple of days and I think it's mostly happening in BC for now (although it's not been confirmed).  According to other posts PM has been made aware of it.

BrentKilboy

I have the same issue today in AB. I'll submit a ticket, as I don't have another phone handy.

Disha1011

Yes I'm in BC. I haven't noticed any other connectivity issues yet. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Disha1011   Are you in BC by any chance?  My phone also seems to keep losing the network for short periods over the last couple of days.   It's getting a bit annoying TBH..

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes there is... It is even coming up a lot on reddit as well and they are finding the reprovisioning fix on community and posting it there 

Disha1011

The SIM card solution worked. Thanks for your quick response! 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There are quite a few similar posts as yours. All complaining not being able to receive SMS. Most likely network issue.

When you send SMS does other party receive it immediately or with (significant) delay?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Disha1011   Can you receive calls?  We have similar issues with others who cannot receive text and calls (but can make outgoing)

if you have a secondary phone , put your PM SIM in to the phone and power it up.  It will force a Reprovisioning of your SIM/Account and it should resolve the issue.  You can then put it back in your original phone

If you do not have another phone around, you will have to open ticket with PM and ask them to resolve the issue for you:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.