cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls from the USA

LaBu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive phone calls from the USA and can’t figure out why. I can send and receive texts with USA phone numbers without issue. I can also call US phone numbers without issue, but they can’t call me. I have the 1000 US long distance minutes add on. Is there some other plan I need to be able to receive US phone calls? This is important as all my family and many friends are in the USA.  

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Whether the incoming call is coming from the US, Canada, Germany, or the North Pole, as long as you're in Canada it's simply an income call to you. The origination country makes no difference, and you certainly don't need long distance minutes to receive calls at home.

Are you sure this isn't on the callers end? What happens when they try to call you? Do they get your voicemail?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LaBu 

The caller must have a LD calling or a USA/Canada plan to call from the US to Canada.

Your LD add-on allows you to call the US from Canada.

Another option is for the caller to use WhatsApp for free calling and texting from the USA to Canada if both parties are registered on WhatsApp.

TextNow app is another option for the caller but they need to pick a secondary number.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LaBu 

Are you able to receive calls normally from Canadian numbers? 
Can the people trying to call you connect to other Canadian numbers without issue?
How long ago did you purchase the US Minutes Add-On? Have you rebooted your phone since purchasing the add-on? I would try that and see if that makes any difference. 

You could also try resetting your network settings and then rebooting your device. Just know that this will erase your saved WiFi networks off of your phone but those can be easily added back. 

If nothing changes for you I’d reach out to support to see if they can see anything on their end that is preventing you from receiving these calls. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.