cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive PUBLIC MOBILE calls

nnsnns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I transferred my dads phone to public mobile and everything seems to be good except he can't seem to receive any calls from people on PM only. Others can call him. Any help is appreciated thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

nnsnns

Thank you everyone. He has submitted a ticket.

@nnsnns 

Click here to submit a ticket  

please click the link above to create a support ticket 

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST

nnsnns

The calls that aren't coming through are only from PM. Others seem to be OK. I transferred it last week. I know when he answered the text to port it gave him 2 errors. He was with virgin

@mrthushanth- Thanks. I have an ongoing problem with calls coming in from Telus/Koodo/Public, Bell/Virgin (I don't know or haven't found anybody with Lucky). But Rogers/Fido and Shaw Mobile and Freedom and also a voip app are able to call in. So I was wondering if you had the same problem.

Apparently not.

mrthushanth

Yes, I was able to call 

@Yummy 

It's true that it's supposed to be an all or nothing thing for incoming phone calls, but when porting a numbers, all sorts of unsual things can happen such as calls from only certain carriers coming in, busy signals, or number not in service error messages.

@mrthushanth- Do you remember if you could call your number from other providers?

mrthushanth

it's due to the system error problem. I had this issue as well, I had this error as well. Make a complaint or ticket. It might take 48 hours or more 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you confirm the transfer text from the old sim? Is the old account working? Can you try calling in from other Telus family customers like Telus and Koodo. And try like Rogers and Shaw/Freedom.

@will13am wrote:

@nnsnns , please check your old provider SIM card to see the line has been deactivated?  It is possible that your number transfer did not complete.

BUT how can you explain that he can receive ALL calls from non PM customers??? What kind of magic (or curse) is that??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nnsnns - If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

edit, to add to please ensure your Dad has restarted his phone with the public mobile sim card inside, after the SMS text is replied YES to. Or is this a landline he is porting over, then the port should complete if all information was provided correctly by the allotted time it takes for landlines.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nnsnns , please check your old provider SIM card to see the line has been deactivated?  It is possible that your number transfer did not complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.