cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "resume activation", can't log in

jdcyukon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to get a SIM card and plan for my son. Can't log in to his account. It accepts his email/password then prompts for "resume activation", which just redirects back to a login screen. I re-enter the exact same email/password and it rejects it. 

I read other posts that this has to happen in the app and got the app. Tried there, same problem. I've never seen a business so effectively push away customers trying to sign up! I already submitted a ticket days ago and have had no response.

This is a last attempt, hoping P.M. staff will take note and do something. We're going elsewhere if no help provided by P.M. and the other two existing P.M. accounts will eventually be transferred elsewhere. This is ridiculous.

14 REPLIES 14

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you do that, make sure to also remove and update the EverSafe ID Phone Numbers for 2FA verification. It can cause huge headache in the future. 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @jdcyukon ,

It wasn't clear to me whether you had a SIM or still needed to get a SIM. You will want to obtain/purchase a new SIM card before you try to continue the sign up:

Buy a SIM:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/pick-up-SIM

A CS_Agent will help you to gain access to the profile/ID you created, but you are still going to need that physical SIM card to actually activate a new subscriber line/phone number. Per my original reply above, I mentioned using an alternate email address to create another profile and start over (if all else fails, or you need new service urgently):

If this doesn't work for you, you have your SIM now, and you really need service activated outside of customer service hours, you could always use an alternate email address to set up a new online account. Later, you could contact a customer service agent to request the new subscription be moved from one email address to the other. Just keep in mind that once an EverSafe ID (online account/profile) is created, it cannot be deleted. However, you can have an active profile with no subscription attached, but note that only one email address can be associated with one active subscription (phone number/subscriber line).

Hope this helps.

Priority

It can take 7-10 Weekdays (Mon-Fri) to receive a SIM Card that you order from Public Mobile in the 'Shop SIM Card' Section, just so that you are aware. 

It always says 'Your SIM Card will be Delivered in 2 Business days' however that is very wrong. It can take Public Mobile up to two business days to ship out your SIM Card. 

If it doesn't arrive after 10 Business days you can contact the Customer Support Agent to sort a replacement or refund. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Late-SIM-Card/td-p/1035354

Maybe there was a server session timeout and it let you go again.
Are you not in or near a town with cell stores? As mentioned earlier, check the link down below called pick up a sim card and see if there's one near you. Then just go get one. Or maybe that phone is esim compatible.

jdcyukon

Well, I don't even know what happened but I tried again in the app and this time it worked. I was able to order a SIM card. Thanks everyone for the advice.

jdcyukon

Thanks. Sent CS agents a PM.

Priority

Always worth a shot. 😁🙃

jdcyukon

Fairly certain this is not a browser cache/update problem. The problem repeats across multiple browsers and devices.

Thanks, set PM to CS agent.

Priority

Press and hold on the Application and tap on the Circled I or 'App Info'. 

Screenshot_20230824_233045_One UI Home.jpg

Once in settings and under 'App Info' click on 'Storage'.

Screenshot_20230824_233139_Settings.jpg

After that Tap on 'Clear Data' or 'Clear Cache' and Follow the prompts to do such. 

Screenshot_20230824_233154_Settings.jpg

Do the same thing to your the Default Browser on your Device since the Public Mobile App runs primarily through the website on your default browser. 

After clearing the Cache and data from both open your Public Mobile app and attempt to 'Log In' again.

jdcyukon

I don't even have a SIM yet. I was at the "referral code" stage of signing up and it got interrupted. When I tried to log in again to resume it threw this problem.

App is on Android. When I go to log into the app it's sending me out to Chrome to log in. There I get the repeated problem.

I did previously open a customer service ticket in chatbot but got no reply.

jdcyukon

Android

Priority

@jdcyukon are you using an iPhone or Android Device for Activation?

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @jdcyukon ,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with setting up a new plan/SIM for your son. Do you already have a SIM, or is the phone eSIM compatible? Note, you should have your physical SIM card available before you start the sign up and activation process. You mentioned logging in and seeing "resume activation". Wondering how far you initially got into the activation process? I've seen this myself, and it stemmed from beginning an activation without completing it, and then logging out (it's now an active account/profile, but with no active subscription). The next time you login from a PC, you'll be prompted with two buttons..one says "Resume Activation", and the other "Login Page". If you click Resume Activation, it does as you say, and if you click Login Page and then login again...well, you're in a loop.

As you mentioned seeing in other posts that the activation must be continued using the app, I am wondering if you are using an Android or iOS phone? Did you download the app from the Google or Apple Play Store (see link to app below)? When you launch the app, and then enter your login ID (email) and password, are you getting prompted to enter a code that was sent to your registered email address? What should happen, is that once you login and enter the sent code using the app, you'll see the same continue activation button, which should then take you to the next step in the activation process where you originally left off (e.g., pick a plan, enter SIM card number, eSIM, transfer or pick a phone number, etc.).

If this doesn't work for you, you have your SIM now, and you really need service activated outside of customer service hours, you could always use an alternate email address to set up a new online account. Later, you could contact a customer service agent to request the new subscription be moved from one email address to the other. Just keep in mind that once an EverSafe ID (online account/profile) is created, it cannot be deleted. However, you can have an active profile with no subscription attached, but note that only one email address can be associated with one active subscription (phone number/subscriber line).

Get the app here:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/load-mobile-app

Open a ticket for customer service (type "Ticket" in chatbot to get started):

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Hope this helps.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jdcyukon  Please submit ticket with support to help 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

adding after you submit ticket you need to keep an eye on your community in box for a reply or use this link to it 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Need Help? Let's chat.