cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port number to another service provider - no SMS received

ericntd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've decided to move to another service provider and it's supposed to start today but I have received no message from Public Mobile to authorize the port request.

Does anyone know why or what I can do?

I don't want to have to pay Public Mobile another monthly fee just to complete the port request

My Public Mobile service was ended on May 30th mid day and I chose not to pay because I'm moving out.

Messages from Public Mobile themselves should still reach me right? Unless, I'm crazy of course

16 REPLIES 16

bigboy_98

Yes i encountered a similar issue. Your account must have funding and be active. You can verify this by calling 611 and it will tell you if its active or not

@tmlongley  thanks for the info.  I guess people should always try Telus (or even Koodo??) if it didn't work when PM was selected.

so, you are all gone from PM or you still have lines here?

tmlongley

I was having the same problem trying to port out to Eastlink.  Apparently the number is owned by Telus not Public Mobile.  Once they tried Telus it went through without issue. 

@ericntd  did you ended up with a plan change and reactivated?  just want to see how's the issue now...

@Ppasula  Look like you have message on your Community inbox.  Please check as mentioned by the mod team. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Ppasula,

To check if you received a response, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Community account;

2. Check your messages on the right corner at the top of the page;

3. Select the message you would like to respond to and click on "Reply" from the right side on the bottom of the page.

Regards, 

PM Team 

@Ppasula 

1. is your account active?  Please go to "My Account" to confirm

2.  If it is active.  did you ever receive a SMS confirming you are leaving and did you reply yes?

If you account is active and just that you have not receive the SMS, you can contact Mod to re-trigger the SMS, here you are:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

SAD to see you leave

Ppasula

I am trying to do the same since Sunday, I have submitted 5 tickets and no response at all. PUblic Mobile is brutal, will never use them again if I ever get out. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

Your account has to be active if you want to port out.  The exception to the rule is if you are porting to Koodo or Telus, then your PM account could be inactive.  

Just for semantics for future readers...inactive in this context means suspended. The next step is deactivated after 90 days. This you can not port out anywhere.

ericntd

Thanks, i thought about that too, albeit grudgingly

However, the "Change Plan" screen is empty with nothing working for me

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 10.45.31 AM.png

@ericntd   here are you :

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ericntd

How to open a ticket with mod please?

There's no optional to call or email Public Mobile directly or it's just really hidden somewhere

If you are moving to a different company and need the account to reactivate, the best way to do is to change your plan to $15 and reactivate with this cheapest plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ericntd 

Your account has to be active if you want to port out.  The exception to the rule is if you are porting to Koodo or Telus, then your PM account could be inactive.  

If you are porting out to a different company, then you will need to first re-activate your account.  Then call Telus porting team (I will PM you the number).  If you are porting to Telus or Koodo, then you can contact porting team directly.  

Here is some information. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ericntd     you need your account to be active to port out of PM.

And because you need to receive the SMS message and reply , you do need an active service.

You might want to open a ticket with Mod to see if they will do you a favour but I am not certain

Need Help? Let's chat.