Did you mean: 

Can’t make or receive calls

Map1961
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can get text messages but can’t make or receive calls

16 REPLIES 16

Dpub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just switched to Public and cannot make or receive calls. Would you mind sharing the contact number?

@Map1961 wrote:

I ported my number a long time ago but I upgraded to a new plan a few months ago.  Not receiving calls or able to make outbound calls.  Text is working fine.

Outoing call issues aren't related to number porting.

jessegr

When you call from an external number, does it immediately go to voicemail? 

So what happened then? Can you try the sim in another phone to identify whether it's a service issue or a device issue?

Map1961

Actually it looks like my last call was November 7th so not for months since the calls worked.  Yes, powered down, and tried removing SIM card too.

You've not been able to make or receive calls for a few months now and you're just now asking about it?
I guess by now you've done a full power down restart of the phone?

Map1961

No it is not on do not disturb or airplane mode.

jessegr

Map1961

I ported my number a long time ago but I upgraded to a new plan a few months ago.  Not receiving calls or able to make outbound calls.  Text is working fine.

@Map1961 

Did you port your long time number from another carrier?

Or did you have this long time number with PM and not getting or receiving calls?

You will need to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging for either issues at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Map1961

Had this number long time 

Map1961

Have a Samsung s9

jessegr

SMS text messages or iMessages? An Apple device with an incomplete port iMessage will continue to function via your Apple ID but SMS and Calls won't work.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Map1961 

Did you just port in? If so I can send you the porting team number. Just keep an eye in the top right corner mailbox. 

Or did this just happen out of the blue?

Need Help? Let's chat.