cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls to home number

Jeff01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure why this happened but recently when I tried calling my home number with my cell phone, it wouldn't work. It didn't work for my dad either (he's also with public mobile). I'm trying to get in touch with an agent to find a solution for this but not sure how to.

6 REPLIES 6

@Yummy wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

@Jeff01 

Try calling the number by using the phone dialer and not from the address book. Try putting a 1 in front of the number.

Just trying to understand why would this be a remedy.

Why would adding 1 in front of number suddenly make calling possible if it was not needed before?

Or +1 in your contacts. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@Jeff01 

Try calling the number by using the phone dialer and not from the address book. Try putting a 1 in front of the number.

Just trying to understand why would this be a remedy.

Why would adding 1 in front of number suddenly make calling possible if it was not needed before?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff01   What message are you getting? 

I guess you tried rebooting your phone and tried putting a 1 in front of the 10 digits of your home number.

Did you recently change your Home number or change your home phone provider? 

It could be that when PM see your home number, it has a wrong record and didn't route the call to the proper provider.  Or PM thought your home number is part of Telus family and didn't even try to route the number outside of  Telus network.

So,  Open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff01 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Can you call from home your cell?

Is your 'home' phone real land line or voip?

Can you call your dad and vice versa with PM phones?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can other providers call your home number?

Need Help? Let's chat.