cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls to certain numbers - 6UM1 errors to numbers that are working.

liliafran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am trying to make local calls and they do not complete. This problem just started today.  I have unlimited minutes and my account is paid and up-to-date. An example would be a local call to and from my landline does not complete and reads out "6UM1 - The number you have dialled is not in service". But calls to other people seem to be intermittent.

Note that the number called (my landline) certainly works and is in service. I can make calls from the landline, but also others can call it. It's just to and from my Public Mobile

I have tried rebooting the phone and checked the blocked numbers (none are blocked). I will try the SIM in another phone tomorrow, but I don't think this will fix the problem.

Has anyone experienced this and how did you resolve it?

11 REPLIES 11

@liliafran  happy that you are back online  🙂

liliafran

Hi everyone on this thread, great news! It seems like Public Mobile did have a service issue and resolved it last night at 10PM. I have done some preliminary testing and it seems like it works now.

Here is the link to the message from Public Mobile:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

Please check your service and whether or not it has been restored. If not, please follow the link to the CS Agents that @softech posted in their message below.

liliafran

Hi @Cherry , I'm very sorry to hear that you are having similar issues. I, too, am elderly and is very difficult to navigate. I have opened a support ticket as per @softech response below and am working through it with a customer service agent. I hope that they resolve this for everyone as this is a problem with the service they provide.

liliafran

The problem still persists and I've tried many things. I opened a ticket with a CS Agent and they have reset the network settings on their end, but that has not resolved the problem. I'll keep you all updated, but the problem has been ongoing now since Thursday.

CherryCoffee6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have simular problem. This Service is really bad. My phone is not working although plan is paid for and account is active. I get 6UT1 errors each time I try to call out, and text sent go nowhere and pictures dont attach, but CAN receive occasional incoming calls and texts.  I followed all suggestions from Simon Chat, plus I reset my Network Settings on my phone, and still cannot make calls. This is going on 2 days now. Have no other phone. Cant get 911 or my prescriptions. I am 80, and scared of not having communication. How to set a Service Ticket please?

@Robthebusguy wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  Can't make outgoing calls.  Everything else works.  I can't get in contact with customer support.  Its very complicated and I keep running in circles.  Help!!!!!

@Robthebusguy , then just message support directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Robthebusguy

I'm having the same problem.  Can't make outgoing calls.  Everything else works.  I can't get in contact with customer support.  Its very complicated and I keep running in circles.  Help!!!!!

@ecroft   Yes, it is an issue affecting many customers from different area.  If support comes back to you, please remember to ask for more details for us as to what caused the issue

thanks

lulu72

Many people are having this today.  I've been in touch with a CS agent and they had to escalate the issue.  Now we wait for 2-3 days.  

ecroft

I am having the same issue. I have tried everything suggested/that I can think of. It seems to be a problem multiple people are having right now. I have submitted a ticket and will post an update if I hear anything back. I have never had this issue before. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@liliafran was it just certain number you cannot call or all of them?

There have been issue since yesterday for some people with both incoming and outgoing calls. 

Try to change to 3G only and see if it connects to the network at all with such settings

If that does not help, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM support and let them aware you are one of those, too.  Some customers got the ticket to support and got it resolved quickly

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.