cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls from USA to Canada

jrgolf3232
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have the USA-Canada roaming plan, last week I went to the US and I could not place any calls whether from the US to the US or from the US to Canada.

Initially, nothing worked so I restarted my phone and then data worked the whole time, just not phone calls.

Anyone has had that?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

What phone are you using? Test to ensure you're have VoLTE while you're at home:

1) temporarily turn off wifi

2) ensure you're connected to the 4G/LTE network

3) place a phone call; once the call connects, check the top of your screen to see if it dropped to 3G or whether it stayed connected to 4G/LTE. 

4) Turn wifi back on if desired

If it dropped to 3G when the call connected, that's probably the issue as the US doesn't have 3G networks anymore.

jrgolf3232

I just did thank you! It seems to me that if we need to manually change the network PM should at least give us a heads-up with instructions once we get the US-Canada plan.

@jrgolf3232  Why not message support and let them know your services didn’t fully work , maybe they can compensate you for the troubles 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jrgolf3232

Ok I'm no longer in the US but I just saw how I could have selected manually AT&T when I was there. Thanks to all!

@jrgolf3232  There lies the problem you phone dosent have voLTE is my guess and because US has gotten rid of there 3G network  you have to rely on T mobile 2G network for voice 

jrgolf3232

The only option I see on my phone, is between LTE and 3G.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @jrgolf3232 

You just need to go into your network settings and change it over to T-Mobile and then restart the phone. You should be up and running with no problems. If you don't know how to do that, let me know if you have an Android or iPhone and we'll show you how.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jrgolf3232  Yes if you have issues with voice on 4G/LTE not 5G connect to T mobile or AT&T . Then you should get phone set to 2G and connect to T mobile for voice . Do you know if your phone has voLTE ?

Need Help? Let's chat.