cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make any phone call right now. The message is I don't have long distance's add on plan.

ndisneyworld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From this morning,Can't make any phone call right now. The message is I don't have long distance's add on plan.

59 REPLIES 59

@musicman1974 wrote:

reboot your cell if that dont work do a factory reset 

Performing a factory reset isn't going to fix a network-end issue such as the carrier believing a phone number is long distance when it isn't.  

musicman1974

reboot your cell if that dont work do a factory reset 

Aimee8858

did this reslove?

having same issue today on my daughters phone 

Aimee8858

Did this resolve?

I am having the same issue on my daughters phone today 

adamalexander
My phone and data not working. I can text but when I dial any number it says I don't have long distance plan. I have the fall promo plan. PM says everything is okay on their end and nothing seems wrong. So why can't I use data or make any calls?

Please help

adamalexander

adamalexander
Hello,
I'm having the exact same problem. Except mine started when it switched to the fall promo plan

@ChrisJennings

Happy your up and running! Have a nice trip!

ChrisJennings
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure who did what, but my service has ben restored, thank-you. 

ChrisJennings

Has there been any movement on this? I've been without the ability to send/receive calls for 5 days now. I'm supposed to travel tonight for work and need my service working to keep in touch with my daughter while I'm gone. No one has reached out to me from PM other than within this thread. 

Thank you for your time. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Daniel,

I sincerely hope that your son has a full and speedy recovery. Being sick ain't fun!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Daniel,

Thank you for accepting my post in the positive spirit in which it was offered. 🙂

Cheers.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Martin,

I must had pass through this post.... (Between the forum, my work and my sick son... reading to quickly!)

Martin
Legend
Legend
Daniel,

The OP made contact with customer assistance without resolution. That is the reason that I alerted Mansi and Jeremy.

FYI.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @ChrisJennings,

support will usually contact you within 48 hours after you've filled in a request.

If ever by them you still didn't heard from them. Come back in this thread and advise us.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

There is no fixed TAT with regard to a Community Manager making contact.

From personal observation, it ranges, on average, from the same day to the next. In some cases, it's 2 days. Please note that there is a skeleton staff on weekends. You may or may not be contacted then.

@Jeremy_M. Can you attend to this user's need for assistance? Thank you.

ChrisJennings

Hey, I don't want to be a pain, but what kind if turn around time am I looking at to hear from someone?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You're quite welcome!

Welcome to Public Mobile though I wish the circumstances were better.

ChrisJennings

Thank-you, I appreciate the help. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Good morning,

In light of your having waited more than 48 consecutive hours without a reply, I am now alerting @Mansi_G to your situation. She is a Community Manager. Either Mansi or another Community Manager will initiate contact, and work with you until your problem is resolved.

Hang in there!©

ChrisJennings

Good Morning, 

I am having the same problem, my service lapsed by one day and I renewed it Monday (Nov 9, 2015) in the AM. As soon as the service status went "Active" I have been unable to make or receive call or use data. Everytime I call I get an error message indicating that I do not have an active long distance plan. In the off chance it was really an issue I added the $8.00 long distance package, still can not make calls. 

I sent a support e-mail Monday morning and have not heard anything back yet. Please note that the back-up number in my profile does not work, never has, I just had to put something in there as it was required. 

Can someone please contact me via e-mail for my account info so that I can get this resolved. 

Thank-you for your time. 

@zmh1175 Please create a new post. Your problem is different from this subject and you will get better response to a brand new post.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have province plan and when I try to call 647 number. why it says you dont have long distance to make this call. please let me know why. My chatr local service plan work very well. I have tried 3 PM province plan number and all failed.

@Luddite,PM does Have plenty of systems to test, Debuggings, and more. Sometimes its not exactly possible for PM to post or reply as quick as you or I would prefer, BUT, I'd still be Proud of PM's excellent services and successes. That's Much more Important for Public's overall Long-term Success

@Mansi_G, Thanks for the Info. And the Info on Maintenance and Downtimes is absolutely Perfect. 

OK But I understand the timeline on the posts PM did not officilly acknowledge the network outage for 24 hrs. Mind you it was a busy weekend for the PM team.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite wrote:

@Jeremy_M fair enough; glitches do happen. HOWEVER, given that the Community is effectively 1st level tech support it would be more helpful to have had an posting MUCH sooner. Do we need to add this as a Lab suggestion???

Hi @Luddite - This is a great idea; although already implemented. We post all the planned maintainence downtimes in Community Announcements board. There was one for the weekend in question. And for the unplanned downtime, we try to post it as soon as it is identified.

OK Thanks

Its ok. I alread have those link URL saved in my Inbox for References

@makkahn28 wrote:

True. I did Putted in my pm inbox a Prefix of what happens if Phone lost/stolen, with links all set, so that I can just Copy and Paste. Saves time

@makkahn28 Sorry to be so dim, but I cannot see how to create a Prefix with links when logged into  my Public Mobile inbox accessed via the Community web site. Further details would be appreciated.

Need Help? Let's chat.