cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to my account, need to cancel (from abroad)

DarylD213
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently abroad, so when trying to log in it says "We have sent you a code via Text Message", I can't receive it.

How can I log in without having access to my phone number?

How can I cancel my account without being able to log in?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @DarylD213 can you log back in by asking the system to send 2FA text to email ( use Resend Code and it should give you the choice)?  

if you still cannot logon, please submit ticket with CS agent at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DarylD213  .if you just want to suspend your account until you get. Back best to follow @softech  suggestions . If you don’t care about the account or number and need to cancel it right away you can use @softech  link for support and have them remove credit card info right away .otherwise if you don’t have time for that and just don’t care about the account you can just pause your credit card the day day before renewal and it won’t  renew and you still have 90 days to change your mind and make payment and keep your plan and number and unpause the card the following day 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@DarylD213 wrote:

I'm currently abroad, so when trying to log in it says "We have sent you a code via Text Message", I can't receive it.

How can I log in without having access to my phone number?

How can I cancel my account without being able to log in?

Thank you.

I would suggest removing the credit card from your account to make it so there's no chance that Public can keep billing you.  That can't be done from inside your account even if you do get in, so you will need a CSA to remove it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DarylD213 do you know the 4 digits account pin?  If so, download VoIP app TextNow.  You can use that to call back Canada for freem. Call 1.855.4PUBLIC , enter 1 for English, them you phone number.  Follow the prompt to disable Autopay from there 

If you don't have the PIN, you will need to get back to My Account and go to Payment page, Manage Subscription to disable Autopay, now call Subscribed, there 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.