cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get any support

Mina_n
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

Just signed up. ( I've actually been a customer in the past) my sim card is not properly activating and I have tried multiple times to contact PM support but I keep getting error codes. So if a Customer Service Rep could please contact me to help get me service, I'd appreciate it!!

@CS_Agent 

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mina_n 

If you were a past member, things have changed. The Moderator is now named the CS_Agent and can only activate your SIM on the PM app.

Mina_n

Sorry I misread your comment. I haven't tried it in another device. I'll do that. 

Mina_n

Thank you for the link. I saw that the Chatbot wasn't working and I appreciate any alternative. I tried this chat before but it wouldn't accept CS_Agent as a recipient, however i see the link you shared does work. 

I have reset my phone and tried searching automatically and manually for a new network. Still says only emergency calling. 

HI @Mina_n 

it does not like the card not setup properly on the system. Did you try reset all networks?

if so, then wait for agent to reply 

Mina_n

No error code for the SIM card. It simply says only emergency calling but it has full bars of service. 

It is a new SIM and it is in an S9 Galaxy that is unlocked. I have not used this phone with public mobile on the past. 

HI @Mina_n 

what error you got on the phone?

did you try the new sim card in another phone just to confirm it is not a device problem?

Mina_n

I am aware that this is primarily for other customers. But I was out of ideas on how to contact support. Thanks for your help. 

I am not reusing an old sim. I'll try your suggestions. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Bear in mind, @Mina_n , that you're communicating with other customers on this forum, not Public Mobile staff.

While PM staff sometimes monitor these threads, it's pretty rare and the only way to engage them (with the current broken SIMon chatbot), is through the means provided by @softech  message above.

And just to confirm, you're not trying to re-use the old SIM card, are you?   Pretty sure you're not, but if so, it won't work and you'll need a new one to re-activate a service here. 🙂

Also, PM has this live activation assistance, give it a shot and let us know if they were able to assist:

https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mina_n 

Chatbot has not been working for some time, please use private message to open ticket with PM support

please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

A reminder, did you try to use Reset All Networks and see if it works?
Need Help? Let's chat.