cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Authentication SMS

Yaq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My partner recently transfered their old number and can't get any authentication sms. They can't login. They can't submit requests. This is a disaster. Please submit help asap. 

10 REPLIES 10

HI @LewisY 

try to click "Didn't receive code?" and click Send Email

if the option is there and really unable to login, please submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LewisY

I can not receive any authentication sms.

HI @LewisY 

it always work.  You got an error? give us more details

LewisY

Is authentication sms working now?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yaq wrote:

I get no option for email verification for "full access." How do I directly contact support 

@Yaq  Ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (link is provided in #3 below as well). 

3 -Use this link (same as #2)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

When he transferred over did he reply YES to the port request from the old provider?

uselessPhone

same, except that we can login. Waited 2 weeks as that is what "techs" recommended. still no good. Get texts and data fine, just 2FA from no one. tried looking at the settings , they were good.

@Yaq 

please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Yaq

I get no option for email verification for "full access." How do I directly contact support 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yaq 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup on this new system. 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yaq  Try taping resend code a few times and see if you don’t get an option for code to be sent to email instead . If no luck bet support to help you re gain access 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.