cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get 6-Digit code / calls from non-public users

DorothyK2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Recently set up a phone number on an older Samsung flip phone, probably from around 2015. It has a public sim installed and number has been brought from Bell, however I can only receive calls from phones on the public mobile network - no others (Bell Rogers etc.) I can’t get the 6 digit code as texts aren’t coming through properly either - same issue as with calls.

This is extremely frustrating, what can I do to resolve this? 

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

West7676

I'm having the same issue, can you send me that number please

DorothyK2024

Hi hTideGnow, where do I find their number to call them? Should I get that email automatically?

Thanks

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did not receive or cannot receive your 2FA code by SMS - Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options. Chose email.

Yummy_0-1709485248845.pngYummy_1-1709485252251.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709485100771.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709485100778.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @DorothyK2024 it is because the porting was not completed.  I have sent you number to call the porting support team to sort it out.  Check your community inbox and call them

Need Help? Let's chat.