cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find my region when selecting a new phone number.

Philip_2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When activating my new SIM card, I couldn't find my region while selecting a number or any of the regions beside me. I live in Kanata, ON. Does Public Mobile not service regions around Ottawa?

6 REPLIES 6

@Philip_2011 wrote:

When activating my new SIM card, I couldn't find my region while selecting a number or any of the regions beside me. I live in Kanata, ON. Does Public Mobile not service regions around Ottawa?

This isn't really about Public Mobile not servicing the area, but rather just about the phone numbers that Public Mobile offers for activation.  Some brands within the Telus parent company do offer phone numbers for Kanata-Stitsville, but for Public Mobile it's limited to a selection of OtttawaHull that softech was mentioning in the activation portal/Self Serve account.  The actual network covers much more areas that the places of phone numberrs that Public Mobile offers.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I know that @Handy1 has already given you a solution however another option if you're not 100% happy with your number, you can always download any VOIP app like Fongo or TextNow and find a number you like, save it to that app. Wait a day or two and ask PM to port over that number to your PM number. It's free! Hope this adds a little more info to this party.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Philip_2011 

Just pick the closest major city near your town. PM just go by your postal code for registration.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Philip_2011 

there should be Ottawa-Hull in the selection

Which number you prefer? what the next 3 digits after 613 or 343??

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Philip_2011  .just pick the closet town near you 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Philip_2011 

Wherever Telus is, PM is as they're related. You could select Ottawa as your region.

Need Help? Let's chat.