cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit APN settings - Greyed Out

Glojean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a OnePlus 3 running Android 9.  I have issues sending/receiving MMS and I cannot update the APN settings to match the new recommendations because my APN settings are all greyed out and editing or adding a new APN is not available.

Is there a way to edit these settings?  They seem to be saved on the SIM card and I have no way to configure the phone to work with the new network updates.

2 REPLIES 2

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Glojean 

Have you tried to reset all your network settings and reboot? If that doesn't work, you may wish to reach out to OnePlus to see if there is something that can be done or see if they have forums to help with this.

https://community.oneplus.com/ 

@Glojean wrote:

I have a OnePlus 3 running Android 9.  I have issues sending/receiving MMS and I cannot update the APN settings to match the new recommendations because my APN settings are all greyed out and editing or adding a new APN is not available.

Is there a way to edit these settings?  They seem to be saved on the SIM card and I have no way to configure the phone to work with the new network updates.

APN settings aren't saved on the SIM card.  They are saved in the software of the phone device.  Unfortunately, as you've seen, some phones are programmed to not allow changes or additional APN settings.  Unlesss those settings can be set correctly, data won't be usable, and in the case of the required changes to the MMS settings, that won't work unless the settings get changed.  Do you have a Freedom Mobile SIM card available.  There are some cases of customers inserting a Freedom SIM card which allows the settings to be changed. After making changes to the settings, then re-insert the Public Mobile SIM card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.