cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect to network

Jess23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m I haven’t changed any settings. Woke up today and my phone no longer sees the network. It searches and then can’t find anything. It doesn’t say SOS or no service just four dots. 

Restarted my phone. 
Reset the network settings. Still no luck. 

I can’t log a ticket because it wants to send a code to my phone number which is g working. 

Any advice?

24 REPLIES 24

TayCorscadden

Funny but not funny. E sim for me too and then network connection issues . Was not able to fix it now need a new phone. 

Jess23

UPDATE: It looks like this was my phone giving up the ghost. It started with not seeing the SIM and deteriorated from there. Long story short… I’ve got a new phone in my future. 

Thank you to everyone who helped me troubleshoot this. I am very appreciative!! 

Jess23

Will do. And I’ll be gentle with it. 🙂

Thanks for your patience and advice. I appreciate it. 

Take out your sim and tray and give the gold contacts a little cleaning (you never know and not with steel wool 🙂 ) and with a dry mouth or canned air blow out the slot. Make sure you're putting the sim back in with the proper orientation of the cut corner.

Addiong - how do you know your account is in good standing?

Jess23

Yep. I’m here via my wifi. 
My account is in good standing. 
When I dial 611 nothing happens. 
I’ll ask my daughter to try the SIM in her phone when she gets home from work to rule that out (or in). 

Jess23

IMG_2364.png
Another piece of info. When I try to check my cellular settings, just a blank screen comes up. 

And you have no other phone? Friends? Family?
Do you have a wifi connection? Is that how you're here? You could get a voip app like TextNow and call a toll free number to check your account. Or even, do you get anything when you dial 611?

Jess23

Unfortunately I don’t. 😕

You probably don't still have the old frame parts from the original sim card. If you do then you could re-fit your smaller card into the larger frame. Carefully.

Jess23

I don’t have an esim. But I did try removing and reinserting the SIM card when the phone was off. 

Jess23

So, all is good with the device check. Thanks!

I took out my old phone to try the SIM card in it, but it’s the wrong “size”. (I’m sure there’s a more technical way to say that! My old phone takes a bigger SIM card.)

Jess23

I did try dialing it. But nothing popped up. 

Did you try dialing that code? And then the go button. I should have said to dial it.

hi @Jess23 

you tried your sim card in another phone?

and for devicecheck, do not copy and paste, type it out and see what it says.  This is very important to confirm if this is a device problem or account

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

AlexBarker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried turning your SIM card on and off if you have an esim?

Jess23

Unfortunately it doesn’t. Nothing happens. 

Jess23

Thank you. Will do. 

@Jess23 wrote:

I’m in Ottawa. My daughter’s phone is fine though. 

It does not sound like a local network problem.  If you want to submit a support ticket, use this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Does *#06# get you the IMEI? It would only be digits.

Jess23

When I check on device check it says it is an invalid number. I’m cutting and pasting from my iPhone settings window and taking out the spaces. So it is a plain 15 digit number. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jess23

I’m in Ottawa. My daughter’s phone is fine though. 

TayCorscadden

Having the same issue

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jess23 , what part of the country are you located?  There was just another post about no network connectivity.  Maybe there is a local outage.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have a look at devicecheck.ca to rule that out. Can you try the sim in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.