cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to network after putting a new sim card in

TzviG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just put in a new sim card into my archaic iphone 4s which I have used before with public mobile but I can't get it to connect. It just says no service. Anyone have any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

@TzviG  glad it is working now...  enjoy !!

TzviG

It is now working, thank you so much for your help!!!

@TzviG  you should still see it connected to the network without the proper APN settings

So, what is showing on the screen?  Do you see Public Mobile on top? or something like SIM not provisioned?

try this:

1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

TzviG

new activation, would you know if there is there something specific that should be put into the APN. I seem to remember something about that years ago when I had an account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TzviG 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

and can you try in another device your SIM card if is working then have issue in you device.

@TzviG wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but I just clicked on it and it has my new sim # so nothing to change to 

@TzviG   Sound like it was a new activation.  Did you just activate this morning?

Do you have another phone around you can put your SIM there to test it? 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@TzviG wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but I just clicked on it and it has my new sim # so nothing to change to 

Have you reset Network settings?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@TzviG wrote:

I just put in a new sim card into my archaic iphone 4s which I have used before with public mobile but I can't get it to connect. It just says no service. Anyone have any ideas?

Is this a new activation or you want to change SIM while keeping the same account?

TzviG

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TzviG wrote:

@TzviG 

Just want to confirm, did you go through the Change SIM steps?  You click on the Change SIM card link and completed the 2FA process?

E-MyAcc-ChangeSIM-2FA.png

Just in case you haven't, you can find more information here: 

SIM Swap Fraud: 2 factor-authentication - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.