cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call out on phone

bouellet1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello...I have a new Hotwav Cyber 9 Pro phone...data and text work....but can't call out...rebooted phone...factory reset phone...reinserted sim card...nothing works....any ideas????...thx...Bob

9 REPLIES 9

@dust2dust  many of those phones are designed to be used in China, India, Africa , at least not for North American or Europe.   They might have tested and able to used in those region.  People like cheap phones and decide to buy and test it out here. 

@softech- It's just ridiculous that the brand can't provide it.

phones like this are hard to get a proper and reliable spec sheet.  I wonder if the manufacturer even have one itself.

@bouellet1  very likely this is not a phone fully compatible in PM.   😞

@softech- Another spec sheet showed 850 but not 1900.

Thanks @dust2dust 

and not good , 3G only  B1/B8

It won't work for voice if the spec is accurate

@softech  This is probably the best one. I found one not as good earlier for the reply.

It just baffles me that a manufacturer doesn't tell everything about their products. That third parties have to provide and then can that be trusted.

@dust2dust   where you got the spec sheet? 

I was trying to find it but there is not much info around

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Finally found one spec sheet and that's not a good phone for here. It appears to have one 3G band and maybe one 4G. You're getting the 4G with data and text but talk can barely get by with one band for 3G.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Has that phone ever worked on PM network or is this a new account ?

added...seems to have dual sim slots...try the sim in the other sim slot.

Need Help? Let's chat.