cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate sim...Can't login to Publicmobile app...

OnlPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, the sim I ordered arrived today.. put it in phone, downloaded app.. Gave app 'location information' when prompted... Every time I try to login it just returns me to the login screen without error/message... I can login fine on a desktop/browser and it just shows me my order/summary and says to activate sim in the app...   Dead end.. No-one from chat support available...

Suggestions?  

5 REPLIES 5

hi @OnlPM 

so, in the end, the Brava browser helped?  interesting

But glad it works.  

yes, PM is prepaid and more a "month to month" provider. But if you leave the credit card on the system and enabled Autopay (which is on by default), PM will charge the card itself.

enjoy the service, you will like it and like the money you save.  Remember, there is also Public Points that you save additional 5%

OnlPM

Just thought I'd update... I have 3 mobile phones here... Moto G Power 2020, Moto G Stylus 5G 2021; unlocked formally tracfone, and a G Play 2021 ... The sim in or out of phone the PM App would not 'work'. It seemed to use a browser to try and login and it even did authentication email code; but when it passed it back to app; it like 'never took'... Would just be able to repeat the process .. I was using Firefox, then tried reinstalling chrome.. Same issue...  My locked (cricket? ) G Play phone, that I use to test suspicious apps and use wifi only.. I figured I'd throw the PM App on that, it launched with Brave browser to process the login and immediately after 'returning to the app', I saw flashing/scrolling dots below the PM logo on the app screen; It was doing something!  (no sim card in phone); It then prompted me for my SIM # and everything seemed to activate(I powered off the phone with sim in it while processing/activating; turned on when completed) .. I still can't use the PM App on the other phones but it appears the service works now...  I wonder what 'service' is disabled/missing(if you know, share) on the first 2 phones that is working on the 'junk phone' that passes the login to the app.

So far so good. Fast/everything working. 

I see other posts saying they have to be subscribed for 90 days at a time, I never saw anything about that during my signup, seemed like it was 'month to month' to me?  $34 50gb fast then unlimited at up to 512kbps..

Public Mobile doesn't have live chat agents.  You can submit a ticket at any time and a customer support agent will contact you by private message as soon as possible.

OnlPM

A few hours later, still can't get anywhere in the app... cleared cache/data started again.. after authentication email ; it just drops me back to app login screen.  Tried submitting ticket; or they say chat agents will be available in 3.5 hours  11am+..

Pretty silly.. Maybe time of day thing, we will see.

@OnlPM wrote:

So, the sim I ordered arrived today.. put it in phone, downloaded app.. Gave app 'location information' when prompted... Every time I try to login it just returns me to the login screen without error/message... I can login fine on a desktop/browser and it just shows me my order/summary and says to activate sim in the app...   Dead end.. No-one from chat support available...

Suggestions?  

Public Mobile does not have live chat support.  There was a time that Public Mobile did have live chat, but that was only for sales related quetsions and not for any actual setup or account issues.  There are times in the middle of the night when the Self Serve and activation sysstems are down.  I would suggest trying again at a later time in the morning.    If you're still unable to get your account activated, please use the automated chatbot at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html to open a ticket and discuss the matter with a Public Mobile customer support agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.