cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate new SIM Card - spinning on Step 2: Verifying Phone number.

JayK1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a brand new sim card. I've filled out everything. The 4 setup process is stuck on step 2: verifying phone number. 

So frustrated.

6 REPLIES 6

@Natashamary666  if porting not success tonight, you should go back to London Drug and ask him if he was certain he replied yes for you on your Koodo before throwing your SIM away. 

If he is not sure, maybe ask him for a free Koodo SIM, help you to do a SIM swap on Koodo so you can receive your porting confirmation text and reply YES to complete the port

(for tomorrow morning, maybe you can call PM porting department to see what is the porting status.. I will private message you the number)

(do you have Koodo prepaid or postpaid plan?)

@Natashamary666 wrote:

I just bought a Sim chip from London drugs and he threw away my other SIM chip from Kudo and this one's still is not working I don't really know what to do but I need a phone asap they gave me a reference number but I have no idea who to contact the reference number is 1002-7046

@Natashamary666 

Oh, they should have really left you with the SIM card, unless you already received a text to authorize the port while in store?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If still issues contact Moderators, could be a stuck port.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Natashamary666
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a Sim chip from London drugs and he threw away my other SIM chip from Kudo and this one's still is not working I don't really know what to do but I need a phone asap they gave me a reference number but I have no idea who to contact the reference number is 1002-7046

JayK1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had to refresh and re-enter everything and it worked perfectly. Just one of those weird things where it just got stuck spinning. Thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JayK1  did you get pass payment/Credit card info?

check your credit card account to see if PM already charged you

It is possible your account was already created on the system but just the webserver didn't respond back correctly

Also, try putting the SIM into a phone and see if you are connected to PM

are you getting a new number or are you porting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

update your Browser,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

Need Help? Let's chat.