cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate my e sim

Gg2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate my e sim porting it from freedom and got a message saying unable to activate e sim. Please help 

7 REPLIES 7

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure that whenever setting up and installing an e-SIM you do it from beginning to end using the Mobile App and not the Website for best success.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/e-SIM-Activation/td-p/1020154

Gg2002

thanks for the quick help 🙂 

Gg2002

Thank you so much resetting my network settings three times worked 🙂 thanks for the very quick advice !  

@Gg2002 

Yes, the iPhone 11 is compatible with SIM.  
Your best option is to contact a CS_Agent and ask you why your iPhone can’t activate eSIM.

Private message them now and they will pm you back in the morning as their hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Gg2002 

IPhone 11 should be fine for eSIM.

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have any active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) or remove the physical sim.  Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Gg2002

HI I have an iphone 11. i checked the model before with my IMEI number and it says it would be valid for the e sim

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gg2002 

What us the make and model of your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.