cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access account after porting number to Telus

mpeters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone.  I recently got a new account with Telus, and ported my Public Mobile number to my Telus account.  However, I didn't realize that by doing this, I would lose access to my Public Mobile Self Service account.  I have a significant amount of funds in my account, and I've paid for the next 3 months of service with Public.  I want to keep my Public Mobile account active and I intend to keep using it (I expected that I would be assigned a different number on my PM account when I ported my number to Telus).

How can I regain access to my Public Mobile account?

13 REPLIES 13

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@mpeters wrote:

Hey everyone.  I recently got a new account with Telus, and ported my Public Mobile number to my Telus account.  However, I didn't realize that by doing this, I would lose access to my Public Mobile Self Service account.  I have a significant amount of funds in my account, and I've paid for the next 3 months of service with Public.  I want to keep my Public Mobile account active and I intend to keep using it (I expected that I would be assigned a different number on my PM account when I ported my number to Telus).

@mpeters 

Doesn't hurt to ask CS if they can bend the rules.

Just pray for the best and expect the worst, so you won't be disappointed if they say No.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Since I doubt the two systems have much difference...when I ported out of my Telus prepaid account to PM....my Telus account remained open to access with funds showing for 3 months. I questioned Telus and they said that is what they do in case I wanted to come back. 

They say it is closed to access.....but it is likely still there. 

So I would give a shot at asking a CSA to open your account and get a new number. 

Did you go to Telus prepaid or postpaid?

As you've discovered, Telus postpaid systems do sometimes keep an account open for either 30 days after port out or until the start of the next billing cyce.  However, Public Mobile doees not do this.

As to the case of an account still being there after porting out from Public Mobile, accounts never get actually deleted. The information is still there and it's still kept on record record forever, but has just been permanently closed. 

@mpeters 

If your port completed today and you have access to an unactivated pm sim card you can try contacting customer support to see if they would be willing to transfer the funds to a new account once you activate. This is completely up to the CSA and a huge gesture of good will on their part. Its worth a try but be prepared that if they say no it's perfectly within the WCC's regulations to do so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

i know but so sad about OP. but do you think CSA, can help about it or is not way !

Maybe, but the published policy is no refunds.

@computergeek541 @mpeters 

or maybe public mobile offer a credit to Telus because group of companies..

Since I doubt the two systems have much difference...when I ported out of my Telus prepaid account to PM....my Telus account remained open to access with funds showing for 3 months. I questioned Telus and they said that is what they do in case I wanted to come back. 

They say it is closed to access.....but it is likely still there. 

So I would give a shot at asking a CSA to open your account and get a new number. 

Did you go to Telus prepaid or postpaid?

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

i know but so sad about OP. but do you think CSA, can help about it or is not way !

Maybe, but the published policy is no refunds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

i know but so sad about OP. but do you think CSA, can help about it or is no way !

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mpeters wrote:

@mpeters 

OK, the responses above are 'technically' correct.

However, given you're staying within the TELUS group of companies, I would at least recommend trying to request that they provide some leniency.

Try clicking the little white chatbot below right and type "need Customer Support Agent", then follow the prompts to place a ticket to Public Mobile.  BE NICE and respectful with the agents - maybe it'll work.

The worst they can say is there's no way they can accommodate, which is no different than the answers you've already gotten here.

Please report back how they responded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpeters 

i don't think so if you answer Yes to your SMS and try to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to them maybe can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mpeters 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: No, to you cancel port processing..

if you say : Yes. then no one can getting your account back.

The porting is already complete as otherwise, the Public Mobile account wouldn't have been shut down yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpeters 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: No, to you cancel port processing..

if you say : Yes. then no one can getting your account back.

@mpeters wrote:

Sorry, but you can't regain access to your Public Mobile account. The account is now closed and the funds have been lost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpeters 

because when you port out your PM is will immediately close your account..

Need Help? Let's chat.