cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Voicemail

JamesAnon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I push 1 for voicemail I get a message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

How come?

9 REPLIES 9

@JamesAnon wrote:

I also get a you don't have an active long distance add on plan, so can't complete my call

But I have the basic $15 plan which should give me 100 long distance minutes

I cant access my long distance minutes used  under my plan, doesn't show there

As far as I know I have made any long distance calls this month.

Why doesn't my long distance usage display?

Those 100 minutes that come with the $15 are for all outgoing calls regardless if they are long distance or not. Checking voice mail also uses those minutes up. If those minutes are not listed under My Data & Add-Ons in self service then they are all used up for this cycle. You can always buy an add on for $5 that will give you 500 minutes of Canada Wide calling. Unused minutes for the add on will roll over to each cycle until consumed.

@JamesAnon wrote:

I also get a you don't have an active long distance add on plan, so can't complete my call

@JamesAnon Unless you just signed up for the Province wide calling plan, try adding a +1 in front of the area code/number. This often fixes the message. If you don't see any minutes showing in your self serve it generally means that you have used them all.

JamesAnon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@JamesAnon wrote:

When I push 1 for voicemail I get a message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." How come?

Are you iPhone or Android?  If reboots / network settings reset doesn't help:

On Android, you might be able to check and change your voicemail access number in the phone app under Settings, Voicemail, Setup, and edit the voicemail number from there.

On iPhone, dial *5005*86*0123456789# - but replace "0123456789" with the voicemail access number (see next)

You can set any one of the many local access numbers across Canada listed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

In the mean time, you can just directly dial or set any of those numbers into a speed-dial key other than "1" as well.

@JamesAnon 

Try calling one fo the voicemail access numbers in your area.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

If it works, then you will need to program your phone to call that number when you dial 1.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JamesAnon wrote:

When I push 1 for voicemail I get a message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

How come?

@JamesAnon What phone do you have? Did it ever work? Sounds like maybe the wrong number is programmed in. It is changeable though it normally populates from the sim. Maybe a restart or remove sim, reinsert, restart will help. Otherwise Google your phone and how to manually set voicemail number on #1 button.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JamesAnon wrote:

How come?

Gogle suggests you reboot your phone to clear this problem. Give it a try and let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.