cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Voicemail.

JulieSB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all.  I've been told that this issue is a carrier issue.  I have no way of accessing my Voicemail.  The error message on my iPhone 11 shows as:  "The operation couldn't be completed.  (com.apple.mobilephone error 1034).

I reset my Network Settings.  I can also get onto Voicemail by forcing it:  Phone, keypad, press 1 until connecting to Voicemail.  Nice to know I can get my messages, but I can't see if someone has left me a message or access it directly from my phone.  Help!    Thanks 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

I believe it's a new feature called live voicemail. I believe this is different from visual voicemail.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-iOS-17-s-Live-Voicemail-Means-for-...

JulieSB

Just an update that CS agent did have to help with this situation.  Mostly resolved, except for the fact that with the new iOS update, I cannot change the visual voicemail greeting to a personalized one.  (When I press 1 on the keypad, it takes me to voicemail and I can hear my own greeting.  However, on Public Mobile's visual voicemail, I cannot record over the generic computer greeting which is what people hear when they leave me a voicemail).  I don't believe (can't see anywhere) that Public Mobile offers a visual voicemail.  Not sure how to deal with this new issue now, but if I have any further updates will keep you all posted.

Did you look for that feature I mentioned? And the other idea mentioned of your OS version?

JulieSB

Thanks so much @hTideGnow.  I have sent a request into CS.  Will update here when I hear back from them.  Cheers!

JulieSB

Yes, I should be able to see if there are any new Voicemails with the red dot on the phone icon.  I also cannot even get onto Voicemail through Public at all.  I'm sure the CS will reset it and it will be fine - we'll see 🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

"Forcing it"? Isn't that the way to voicemail? Does your phone have that new live voicemail whatever it's called feature?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JulieSB 

But after Reset Network Settings, you can access voicemail by pressing 1 on the keypad? It is good

For notification, some people got problem, too.   Usually this is resolved after iOS update

you can also submit ticket with CS agent and ask them to reset your voicemail

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.