cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Send Picture Messages on Nokia 3310 3G (but can receive them without issue)

DumbOx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought a Nokia 3310 3G (single SIM North American variant) from Staples. I set up the APN according to what I found through the community, but am still unable to send picture messages. Calling, texting, and receiving picture messages work just fine. Data is on. I'm assuming it has to do with an access point issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

DumbOx

I finally got it to work. I'm not exactly sure which part did it, but I switched the Operator from "Automatic" to "Manual" and chose Public Mobile. I also cleared "DNS address" and put the information (74.49.0.18) under "Gateway" instead.

@DumbOx wrote:

Thanks for your help! I think I'll give that a shot. When I try to send a message, the reception symbol changes... not sure if that suggests anything. I'm assuming I have the APN set up correctly (like you said, given the fact that I can receive MMS). Forgive my ignorance, but in case it means anything, I have the access point settings as follows:

Name: Public Mobile MMS

Username: (empty)

Password: (empty)

Access point: sp.mb.com

Gateway: (empty)

Port: 80

Set home page: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

DNS address: 74.49.0.18

Network type: HTTP

IP Type: IPv4

It's looks okay to me.

DumbOx

Thanks for your help! I think I'll give that a shot. When I try to send a message, the reception symbol changes... not sure if that suggests anything. I'm assuming I have the APN set up correctly (like you said, given the fact that I can receive MMS). Forgive my ignorance, but in case it means anything, I have the access point settings as follows:

Name: Public Mobile MMS

Username: (empty)

Password: (empty)

Access point: sp.mb.com

Gateway: (empty)

Port: 80

Set home page: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

DNS address: 74.49.0.18

Network type: HTTP

IP Type: IPv4

@DumbOx wrote:

The Nokia 3310 is a feature phone, so it only has its proprietary texting app on it.

Well that's unfortunate.  I can say with 100% certainty your phone settings are correct by the fact you are able to receive MMS.  

You could try asking the moderator team to look into the account to see if there's anything wrong there.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

DumbOx

The Nokia 3310 is a feature phone, so it only has its proprietary texting app on it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Both sending and receiving mms rely on the APN settings to be correct.  My suspicion is the problem lies with the texting app.  Try a different app.  See if that makes a difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.