cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Call - 1 Week after transferring my phone # from MagicJack

Maverick_FA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

On Feb 4th 2021, I made a request to transfer my phone # from a MagicJack account through the public mobile portal. 

I can make call, send/receive text message.

But I can't receive any phone call.

Some peoples on this forum told me last week that there is a delay of 48 hours or sometime 3 to 5 business days to transfer a phone # like MagicJack because it's considered like a residential phone #.

I also tried to contact Telus Mobile and the Residential Team and after discussing with them, the customer service rep had no idea how they can help me because I don't have a Telus account.

They told me that usually it's Public Mobile ad Magicjack are communicating together and the make the full phone # transfer.

Can you please help me please.

Thank you for your time. 

7 REPLIES 7

Maverick_FA

Long story short... my MagicJack account is still active until 2025 but my phone # was inactive.

After a long discussion with MagicJack representative I was able to re-activate / buy my old phone number for 10.90$ USD.

I tried to reach the Koodo and Telus Mobile Port Team and ask them to process my request again but I felt on some customer reps that told me: ''It's not my job. Please use the Public Mobile Community instead''.

I wrote back to the moderator and I'm waiting for an answer.

TBC

You're welcome, @Maverick_FA 

Please do keep us apprised.

Maverick_FA

Thank you Halimacs, I just raised a ticket with the PM Moderators. 

I'll keep you posted.

Should you need to contact Public Mobile moderators, click here

Information on porting can be found here.  This fully describes the porting processes into and out of Public Mobile, from from within the TELUS group of companies, and outside:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Maverick_FA

Thank you for the reply.

I was unable to access the link that you shared but it didn't work.

I found on the website a section where I can check the status but I need to use a Telus account and I don't have one.

And if I tried to create an account with my Public Mobile # and Zip Code it won't let me in.

Maverick_FA

There is this message when I'm trying to call my phone #:

"6UM1, the number you have called is not in service"

@Maverick_FA wrote:

Hello,

On Feb 4th 2021, I made a request to transfer my phone # from a MagicJack account through the public mobile portal. 

I can make call, send/receive text message.

But I can't receive any phone call.

Some peoples on this forum told me last week that there is a delay of 48 hours or sometime 3 to 5 business days to transfer a phone # like MagicJack because it's considered like a residential phone #.

I also tried to contact Telus Mobile and the Residential Team and after discussing with them, the customer service rep had no idea how they can help me because I don't have a Telus account.

They told me that usually it's Public Mobile ad Magicjack are communicating together and the make the full phone # transfer.

Can you please help me please.

Thank you for your time. 

It's possible that the port could still be in process. The CWTA actually says that landline/VoIP porting are supposed to be completed within 2 buisness days, but I know that's wishful thinking.  To check on the status of your port, I would open talk to the mdoerators by opening a ticket at: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.