cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send text messages but cannot receive them.

chrismayo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As far as I know I did not change any settings. I have noticed this the past couple days. Any idea?

13 REPLIES 13

I would tend more to thinking you have a local network issue in your area rather than the app. If you go back to 4G and turn on mobile data what indicators show up on the top bar of the phone?

Adding - and can you browse to a page

Adding more - and for that preferred network type, if you have 5G available then don't use it. Let it top out on 4G/LTE and 3G/UMTS and 2G/GSM

@chrismayo wrote:

I have a One Plus and jsut use the app that came with it. But ever since updating to OS 12 is sucks!

@chrismayo  

probably no need here but just FYI, if your messaging app is not Google Message, you can install that and try

@chrismayo 

thanks god, at least 3G works!!!

wonder if it is a local 4G issue.  Try to change it back, test it

or if it still does not work, try to change it back to 4G and test it in that other area

chrismayo

I have a One Plus and jsut use the app that came with it. But ever since updating to OS 12 is sucks!

I didn't want you going down any unnecessary rabbit holes. Now that you have the texts then sure try going back to 4G and see if a text will arrive.

@chrismayo wrote:

I was always able to receive sms until maybe yesterday or the day before. I have not changed my number or anything no. WAP PUSH is turned on. I don't know what that is or if that is preventing anything.

Do you use native texting app or it is 3rd party or apple stuff?

chrismayo

So I just changed the network to 3G and I'm literally getting 100 texts now. Thank you. But will I be able to change it back to 4G?

@chrismayo   sorry, I thought you have problem with voice

if it is Text, try to clear cache and see if it works

Also, try another text app

(I know someone will be going after me.  nothing new.  I admit it and move on)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

volte has nothing to do with texting. Is this an iphone?

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chrismayo simplest would be to try and reboot the phone to see if that resolves.  If not, then a little more info would be useful like what @Yummy asked below.

chrismayo

I was always able to receive sms until maybe yesterday or the day before. I have not changed my number or anything no. WAP PUSH is turned on. I don't know what that is or if that is preventing anything.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chrismayo 

you are not newly activated, aren't you?

you have been receiving incoming call on this number with PM and just stopped working?

Try to change the network to 3G and see if it works.  

if not, you can also change it back to Automatic, and then enable VoLTE on your phone and see if it works

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Were you able to receive SMS before?

Did you port your number recently?

Need Help? Let's chat.