cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can receive but cannot dial none Public Mobile numbers

bezman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I created a ticket but I thought I would ask the question here too. 

when I dial a none PM number the phone just hangs up.  No dial tone, no busy signal.  When I dialed a PM number, it goes straight to voice mail.  I assume the phone I dialed was off.   I can still receive calls.  I do have a work cell phone that is on Bell.   Same thing happens with landlines.  If they call I can pickup, if I call them, the line drops. 

I am on the $15 plan with lots of minutes left and I have extra 500 minute just in case..  My account shows active.  

Resetting of my phone didn't fix anything.  

17 REPLIES 17

cgazzard

Thanks for the update!

Thanks @bezman  for confirming.  

it is now posted on Telus status page as well

softech_0-1643051022506.png

bezman

Looks like a Pm issue.  This is what I got from support

Hi bezman, There has been a confirmed network issue for British Columbia regarding the outgoing calls. I will report this to our technical team and once the issue is fixed, you be able to make outgoing calls. I remain at your disposal. Have a lovely day! Respectfully yours,

[PM is always late acknowledging outages .......... Luddite]

bezman

I am too talking to an agent.  They had me try dialing using these methods.  none worked for none public mobile phones. 

• 10-digit number
  • 1+10-digit number
  • #31#1+10-digit number

cgazzard

I'm also receiving calls no problem and can call another PM phone no problem. He's in the same area without any issues today. Text messages are also not a problem. Talking to an agent now

bezman

I also can dial and talk to PM cell phones.  Which makes this more interesting.  I called a buddy in Alberta and they were able to answer.  This is using my moto G7 phone. 

bezman

that's what I thought about VolTE.  I initially though about the phone issue but then how come I can receive calls and send text messages?

Also when I call a PM cell phone it goes straight to voice mail and I can hear the voice mail message.  Now I can't confirm if that cell phone is off/on.  For all other calls it just drops the line. 

So, it could be a phone issue since your Samsung J3 works.

VoLTE would have no use on PM as PM only using 3G for voice 

bezman

@softech I am in Vancouver BC.  My phone is Moto G7.  I tried it on Samsung J3 Mission (unlocked from USA) and it works.  

I went into safe mode in Moto G7 and it still doesn't work. I am on 3g proffered Network type.  Turned off/on VolTE but still no go. 

cgazzard

Lethbridge, AB. on an iPhone X. I've always been on 3G.

bezman

must not be happening to everyone.  I have a friend in Alberta who says it is working for her.  And for me it is working on an older phone but  the new one.  

@bezman  which area you are in? Province and city?

@bezman  @cgazzard   What kind of phone do you have? brands and model?  Try to change to 3G Only (or WCDMA) on your phone and see if it helps

cgazzard

I'm having the same issues in Alberta. Must be an issue on their side.

bezman

interesting as I took the sim to another phone and it worked.  Now that you posted this, I am having second thoughts.  I thought it was the phone.  I have a moto G7.  The second phone is a Samsung j3 mission. 

mpfoodie_13

Hi,

I'm in the same boat here! Resetting did not do anything either.  I does the same for 2 others on Public Mobile. No dial tone, no busy signal, just hangs up, even when calling other non Public Mobile numbers. 

We are on the 25$ plan with unlimited minutes in Greater Moncton, New Brunswick.

bezman

what is happening at PM?

I did get someone to respond

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bezman 

I would wait for an agent to respond to that ticket. It may be a while before you hear back, given all that is happening today at PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.