cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not send texts.

ccindhe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently transferred my phone over to public mobile from Wind. It's only been about 2 weeks since I've transferred and I've experienced problems sending texts. At first it worked fine. But that was only for a day or two. My data works, and I am able to recieve texts, but sending is impossible. The text loads for a little bit before failing to send. I am using a Acer Liquid Zest. I have also tried removing my SIM card and using a non-PM card in it's place where texting does work on said phone. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

@Samianauman wrote:
As you mentioned you tried other sim in phone which was working fine but also I would say try your sim in different phone if your msgs work on other phone then phone setting is not properly inserted I would try network or factory reset also recheck the apn setting and try third party sms app like textra
Here's a link for apn setting
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Of that's doesn't help then send a msg to mod as other suggested

Please note that APN settings and text messaging are unrelated.  APN settings could be wrong or blank and text messaging would still work.  The setting that controls outgoing text messaging abilities is the SMSC.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
As you mentioned you tried other sim in phone which was working fine but also I would say try your sim in different phone if your msgs work on other phone then phone setting is not properly inserted I would try network or factory reset also recheck the apn setting and try third party sms app like textra
Here's a link for apn setting
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Of that's doesn't help then send a msg to mod as other suggested
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If even single text was sent successfully, the problem is not with the account or service.  Unless the plan expired, it should continue to work.  I think the problem is with the built in SMS app.  Try using a third party SMS app from the play store, see if that resolves the issue. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@ccindhe Hi, have you recently updated hangout or are you multiple SMS apps?

I have noticed that some people have been having similar problem with new hangout update. 

If you have multiple SMS apps or have installed a new one, they maybe causing some conflict. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ccindhe!

Since you already tried with another SIM, the problem is probably somewhere in the account. Try to reboot your phone, and if it doesn't work, I think you'll need the assistance of a moderator to check this for you. It might be a porting problem.

I suggest you send them a private message. Be sure to include your Public Mobile phone number and/or SIM card number as well as a detailed description of your problem. Click here to know how contact them. They are available Mon-Thursday from 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time). They usually respond pretty fast to help requests!

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.