cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not downgrade plans or switch to a promo plan?

Kovacsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, Does anyone know why PM does not let you downgrade your plan or switch to a promo plan?  Seems like a good way to loose customers by not letting you downgrade or to a promo plan.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I went through this at around Christmas when I switch from my $25 3G 1 GB plan to a new activation only $29 4G 30GB plan. You can do it provided that you satisfy two conditions: 

1.  You have to message customer service and request that they do it for you. 

2.  The new activation plan has to be MORE EXPENSIVE than your current plan.

In my case, the customer service assisted me to make the switch. My son tried to switch from a $40 plan to a new activation only $34 plan and the customer service absolutely refused to do it. 

There may be one workaround for somebody in my son's shoes. Currently there is a $15 plan which is available to current subscribers. You could switch to the lower priced $15 plan and then contact customer service afterwards to "upgrade" to a higher priced new activation plan that is not available to current subscribers. 

Good luck.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kovacsa   Do you mean that when you select change subscription you don't see any plans, or lower plans, offered?   Usually there is no problem changing plans either upgrade or downgrade unless the particular plan specifies it's for new customers only.

Rastin

Well you said you can't downgrade and you said you can't get the promo.  2 different things. So other then the promo plan what one can't you downgrade to?

"Does anyone know why PM does not let you downgrade your plan or switch to a promo plan"

Kovacsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure I understand your response 🤔

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Kovacsa I've seen a few posts saying they refused to downgrade to a new  customer plan only. I was also refused. They've always refused to downgrade.  They lose money that way, so I guess they are willing to lose customers. 

But you never know, ask them.

Rastin

Other then the one plan that for new customers can't you downgrade too? Since you said you can't downgrade or get the promo. As you should be able to downgrade to any other then that one.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kovacsa - PM currently lets you to every plan except one, the $21 3GB plan ($57/90days aka $19/month for 9GB upfront)

If you want to contact CS_Agent and see if they can switch you over you can though you have a 50/50 chance and you will lose the rest of your month as they have to use Change Now:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1715045979565.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.