cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i change my existing number without losing my rewards

Insignia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,

as the question states can i change my existing number and port another number to my account ( i own both the number s but would like to swap te other number to public . here is the part that makes me question will i lose my reward points etc. (referrals ,loyalty autopay etc. which public now doesn't even offer ). can i change my number keeping the existing rewards or do i stand to lose everything if i go for another number can someone offer some advise on this ? thank you

8 REPLIES 8

@Insignia wrote:

are you sure if the other number is from another provider ? i dont think they would let me swap two public mobile phone numbers ? sorry if i sound ahhh ignorant but i am really a little bit confused on this one thankyou for the reply thou

HI @Insignia 

1. you cannot swap numbers between two PM accounts

2. if your number is from another carrier and active, doesn't matter which province, you can port into your account, just use the link to check eligibility first.   

3. with any number change, it won't affect rewards

Insignia

are you sure if the other number is from another provider ? i dont think they would let me swap two public mobile phone numbers ? sorry if i sound ahhh ignorant but i am really a little bit confused on this one thankyou for the reply thou

@Insignia 

yes, you can keep the rewards with changing number

with eligibility to port in, please check here

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Insignia

no my question was if i have a another number from the same province same area actually can i switch to that number i do understand and already knew what you posted i am grateful for that but i wanted to keep my account my rewards etc my plan just switch to the number i have is that possible ? ill have the account numbers for both the phone numbers of course.  

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In order to have two phone numbers you would need to make a new account. You can change your number by signing onto My Account, clicking that drop-drown arrow and clicking Profile. Scroll down and click Current Phone Number. Enter your province and city and choose from the list.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Insignia changing number won't affect rewards

BUT, you cannot swap numbers between two PM accounts.  In fact, you cannot even move another PM number into your current account.

You can choose new number, and give up current, by going into My Account's profile page. Or you can port in number from another provider (your current number will be returned.  And once ported , the account on the other provider will be closed)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Insignia  Yes absolutely you can do it up to 4x every 30 days for free . But do this in your account profile page like this and you will still keep your rewards no worries . Noticed transfer number under first red circle in my screen shot to port number in 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1703191009744.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.