cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can data usage by reduced by selecting 3G

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can data usage be reduced by selecting a lower speed network? For example let’s assume 3G at 10 mbps vs 4G at 100mbps. Does this mean that if one switches down to 3G they would have 10 times more streaming time? Or that it would take 10 times longer to load?

8 REPLIES 8

ATHENS

Yes that makes sense but this person keeps on frustrating me. I’m told by private message that it’s a woman employed by our government - and if true it make sense to have so much time available. However I don’t know for sure .

@ATHENS It's a public forum, and unfortunately for you, you don't get to choose who responds. I might suggest ignoring those that you don't want to interact with and/or that you deem to not be providing relevant information.

ATHENS

You are driving me a bit crazy --and I have no doubt you are purposely doing this -------wonder as to why an Oracle doesn't at least give you a warning.

@ATHENS wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @ATHENS 

may I know what plan you have now?  I thought you said you have a $15 plan, and then you also say you have another plan.  Tell us the details and we can help better

First of al you are not an  Oracle. Also as I have many times explained to you that you must be more accurate and take the time to think things out instead of just jumping to respond  without substance to just about all posts ------------- If you peruse my posts you will have an Ohh ya moment because you have repeatedly asked the same question and I politely repeatedly answered  but to no avail ------For now I I AM ON THE $34 Plan. I HAVE ALSO VERY POLITELY asked you to please stop responding to my posts with unrelated comments etc ---AGAIN please just ignore my posts -- hope this time you will oblige. 

HI @ATHENS 

no worry, we mortals here just try to help.

with a $34 plan, you should have enough data and don't need to worry 3G or not.  It is true some people had issue that 4G or 5G networks are too fast that they stream the whole video too fast and the person might have clicked that by mistake and not really want to watch that move.  In that sense, 4g or 5g could use data faster

but as I said , you should have enough data and don't need to worry about it

ATHENS

That's what I thought -- that things would just take longer to load and at the  end same amount of data would be used. Another post got me questioning because it was suggested that if one had limited data they could extend it by dropping down from 5G to a lower speed such as 4g or 3G.  

ATHENS

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @ATHENS 

may I know what plan you have now?  I thought you said you have a $15 plan, and then you also say you have another plan.  Tell us the details and we can help better

First of al you are not an  Oracle. Also as I have many times explained to you that you must be more accurate and take the time to think things out instead of just jumping to respond  without substance to just about all posts ------------- If you peruse my posts you will have an Ohh ya moment because you have repeatedly asked the same question and I politely repeatedly answered  but to no avail ------For now I I AM ON THE $34 Plan. I HAVE ALSO VERY POLITELY asked you to please stop responding to my posts with unrelated comments etc ---AGAIN please just ignore my posts -- hope this time you will oblige. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ATHENS 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Technically it would be both but you have to take in consideration with lower data speeds comes with more wait times.  Your data usage wouldn’t be reduced because technically your still going to the same websites it’s just going at slower speeds.

Need Help? Let's chat.