cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call out but can’t text or receive calls

iRyan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just switched over from bell and ported my number I can still use my bell SIM card and the public mobile one I came call from the public mobile SIM card but can’t receive or text help 

3 REPLIES 3

@computergeek541 wrote:

If this is Bell Canada that we are speaking of, landline do take considerably longer.  But even with Bell Mobility (wireless), Bell somtimes refuses to release phone numbers to a new carrier until they first speak with the customer. I find that this tactic goes against the very spirit of the number portability rules because the rules are set up in way that is supposed to make it easy to switch carriers, and sometimes, customers are happy about the fact they normally do not have to speak with the old company to port out.  However, Bell sometimes/often uses this as an opportunity to try tto convince you to stay. 

And who says Bhell follows the rules?  Didn't they lose a recent court case?

If this is Bell Canada that we are speaking of, landline do take considerably longer.  But even with Bell Mobility (wireless), Bell somtimes refuses to release phone numbers to a new carrier until they first speak with the customer. I find that this tactic goes against the very spirit of the number portability rules because the rules are set up in way that is supposed to make it easy to switch carriers, and sometimes, customers are happy about the fact they normally do not have to speak with the old company to port out.  However, Bell sometimes/often uses this as an opportunity to try tto convince you to stay. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iRyan It’s always better to continue using your old mobile carrier until it stop working, then you know that porting has completed. Swipe SIM cards and enjoy your new service!
Porting number might take longer some times, if after few hours you are still experiencing problems your number porting is stuck! Y
ou will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help you!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile phone number, and PIN.
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.