cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a mod help me disable voicemail?

kkum
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Every SINGLE day I get MULTIPLE spam calls to my PM number. I've already blocked their numbers but they ALWAYS LEAVE A ****ING VOICEMAIL that I can't disable. Please help me disable voicemail entirely. Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

A couple of alternatives:

1. Disable VM through the Call Forwarding options on your phone. Read the following: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Disable-Voicemail/m-p/178587#M53620
  2. Extend the ringing time as long as possible. Read the following: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Disable-Voicemail/m-p/178587#M53620

HTH

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If anyone is discovering this thread and wants to know how to set up the extended absence greeting and prevent people from leaving you mesages, I outlined the steps here last week:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You may be able to help those who ligitimately want to get hold of you. Your message could say something to the effect:

"This voice mail is not in service. Please send a text to same number if you need to leave a message"

On a related point, I cannot find any Knowledge Base article or something similar that outlines all of the various VoiceMail functions and features. Is there one? 

mimmo

@kkum great to hear. It was not my method per say but one i remembered seeing being suggested  in the past.

Glad it is working.

kkum

@mimmo

It's been a week and so far I haven't received any spam voicemails. I think your method actually worked! Thanks for the help.

kkum

@bsperanz

Yea I thought about that but it'll be a huge pain. But I'm at a point where if none of these other methods work I might just have to use this one.

Thanks

bsperanz

maybe a last resort option would be to change phone numbers? 

kkum

@computergeek541

I will check this out if the extended voicemail doesn't work.

Thanks

On some phones, you can install an app that will automatically answer the call and then just hang up on the person.  For example, in Android one such program is called No Spam No Voicemail.   The app itself is a little buggy (default settings don't work for me), but after tinkering with the settings, this app will answer a calls from specified phone numbers after one ring and then hang up on them.  If that app isn't to your liking, there are others available as well.

kkum

Thanks, I think I got it working now. Let's see how this works out, I'll keep you posted.

mimmo

@kkum you need to select an extended absence greeting vs the regular greeting.

The option is in there some where.   

Will see if I can find instructions in the forum.

Edit productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Unable-to-disable-voice-mail/m-p/127987#M41676

kkum

Hi @mimmo

I'm trying this right now. So I'm using a greeting of straight nothing for as long as I was allowed (around 90 seconds) but I'm curious how this will prevent them from leaving messages. Since they're all bots, won't they just wait out my greeting and then leave a voicemail regardless? Thanks for helping

@imm1304

I will be sure to try your method next. 

Thanks for replying 

imm1304

Hey @kkum,

I remember this question has come up several times in the past. The answer is no unfortunately.

I have used YouMail in the past to handle voicemails.  They email you or you can open the voicemails in their app.  Delete without listening from the app or email is a lot easier and you avoid the persistent voicemail notificaiton on your phone.  

You can also achieve this by enabling conditional call forwarding to your Fongo number.

mimmo

You can not disable voice mail but you can put an extended absense greeting.

This will disable the ability to leave messages and can you record a message with nothing.

It's the best option.

Need Help? Let's chat.