cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can - US plan

Habiby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you call from USA to Canada when in the USA or is this plan only for calls while in Canada. Can you make calls using Data without incurring extra charges while in the USA? Thanks for your time and feedback! Have a great day Community! 😀 

17 REPLIES 17

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is true! I got the point! 
Its my view that 250+ Mbps is still a lot of speed
Its just with 5G+, the network 'might' seem better. I have a Canadian Motorola device, from 2021 & its is 5G & VoLTE enabled, so it works fine with PM. In certain places in Vancouver, I have seen 300+ Mbps too, so speed is not an issue. But I plan to get a new Motorola Edge+ 2023 soon, it has mmWave support and may show 5G+ too
Will keep y'll posted! 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Just to add, for phone calls to work while in the US you need a device that is on PM's VoLTE whitelist:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

SMS and data won't matter.

@Shubh2023 

5G+ only means  3500mhz 5G coverage.  The icon 5G+ does not mean you get  up to 1Gbps speed like the "5G+ plan" , up to 1Gbps, with Telus.  Also, with PM a tier 3 provider, I doubt we are getting 1Gbps anytime soon

Shubh2023

@hTideGnow 
I noticed that a friend of mine, who has Pixel 8 Pro, it was getting 5G+ in Vancouver, haven't seen much people getting it here from PM
Thought of sharing it here!

For me, I use data more than calling, so thinking if I should go for the normal $34 for 50 GB + unlimited or stick with US/Can plan, as I guess, we will not be getting this plan at such a cheaper rate? 

Shubh2023

Thanks. Gotcha! 
Still, I guess 50 gigs is a great amount! 

hi @Shubh2023  and @Habiby @

NO.  there is NO unlimited data at 512 for Canada-US plan.  Only 5G Canada only plan has that

So, For Can-US plan, data stops after you used up the assigned data bucket 

Shubh2023

Thanks. So, it has the unlimited data afterwards. Good.
My plan will renew in a couple of days and this will be the new plan so, I thought of asking beforehand, as it was not showing, if it will have unlimited. 
Right now, my high speed data is over, but, still, am getting nice speed, ngl
I did a speed test and it is going way over 100 Mbps

Habiby

5g speed up to 250 mbgs, then limited speeds for any usage after. Still get all your GB but you fall under the fair usage so it'll be slower speed. 

Shubh2023

Hey, 
I was wondering if the $34 plan (US-CAN), does it have the unlimited throttled data included in the plan too, or it will stop after 50 gigs? 

Ash1959

In very simple words, Canada-US plan, as the name suggests, is literally considering the entire Canada and US as one region. Therefore, whether you are in Canada or the US, you will be able to make call anywhere in the entire region (Canada and US) which is inclueded in the plan. Please make sure to keep the 'Roaming' 'ON' in your phone settings. You will not be charged for roaming unless you specifically buy it. PM, being a prepaid service, will not charge you for roaming unless you ask for it and pay for it. Cheers!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Habiby wrote:

Are there roaming charges to connect to t mobile or at&t ? 

No, absolutely Not. Your phone will function and call/sms will work in either country. That is why this is US/Can plan 🙂

@Habiby 

Nope no roaming charges. It is included as part of the Can/US plan.

PM has an agreement with both US carriers.

Habiby

Are there roaming charges to connect to t mobile or at&t ? 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

US/Can plan is exactly like that - you can call from either country each country.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Habiby  This is a true snow bird plan . You can call to and from either country from both countries . Use it like you at home in the U.S. to call text and data no worries 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Habiby 

Yes you can call, text and use data from both countries at no extra charge.

Just remember to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T network.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Habiby 

yes, the Can-US plan allows you to make calls in US as well, you can call US or Canada in US.  Of course if you like you can use Data and use VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo to make calls for free

Need Help? Let's chat.