cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up two mobile #s in two separate provinces

MJF1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I reside in one province but need a local # in a different province. Is it possible to do this all through Public?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @MJF1 

you can setup 2 sim with different provinces with 2 accounts

But if you meant you want 2 sim on 1 account, then of course not

ducktail9797
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just make sure your phone can support having two esims active at the same time. Otherwise you may need to do one physical and one esim

MJF1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. Should mention that I have a dual sim phone (iPhone 13). So if get two esims, one in each province (one being very basic) I guess that will solve the issue. 

@ducktail9797 wrote:

Do you need to call out with that local # from the other province? You could potentially setup a very basic plan that gives you a number and forward the number over. 

You do however, lose the ability to text from that number etc. this is usually resolved by having a dual sim phone though. 

For a Public Mobile customer making an ougoing call, the province of the phone number making the call makes no difference.

ducktail9797
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you need to call out with that local # from the other province? You could potentially setup a very basic plan that gives you a number and forward the number over. 

You do however, lose the ability to text from that number etc. this is usually resolved by having a dual sim phone though. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You would have to create a new account and select your province and choose a phone number for the comments that you want.

Need Help? Let's chat.